Copper gets away with drink drive ban

Have I read this right ? He as had 4 half pints of Stella and was only just over the limit :o

No, he had 4 pints of stella lager top and 1 pint of 50-50 stella shandy.

Which i'd have thought would put him way over the limit, but people do process alcohol at different speeds and body size also has an effect.

Personally i'd think two pints of stella would be a gamble and 4 would be a dead cert for being over.

Why should my blood be boiling over there being insufficient evidence to convict? I actually like having a system that doesn't send people to jail without proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Why should my blood be boiling over there being insufficient evidence to convict? I actually like having a system that doesn't send people to jail without proof beyond reasonable doubt.

If there isn't evidence enough to attempt to prosecute him how can they dismiss him from the force for an act of non consensual sex?

I don't understand the ruling.

If there isn't evidence enough to attempt to prosecute him how can they dismiss him from the force for an act of non consensual sex?

I don't understand the ruling.

1. 'Conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline'

or

2. 'Conduct likely to bring the Police force into disrespect'

or

3. 'Scandalous conduct'.

Perhaps one or more of those might be used as grounds for dismissal?

No, he had 4 pints of stella lager top and 1 pint of 50-50 stella shandy.

Which i'd have thought would put him way over the limit, but people do process alcohol at different speeds and body size also has an effect.

Personally i'd think two pints of stella would be a gamble and 4 would be a dead cert for being over.

I cant believe that someone can have 4 pints and a shandy and only be just over the limit, his defence was that all five drinks were supposed to be shandy but that would still be pushing it.

Archived