Electricity usage monitor

Paddy

So to save money, you can monitor the situation and turn off the appliance. That is going to bite into the profit of the enegy generator and they're not going to like that, so they'll just increase the tariff, which means you use less fuel to save money and the enegy generator is not going to like that .....

I got a free one from N-Power. I have since changed suppliers.

I thought it was kinda ironic that you could plug it into a power socket, mines running on batteries.

I've got mine set to show how much money it costs. It usually shows £0.03 an hour even with the TV, sky box, fridge, boiler pilot light/timer and aquarium on, which I don't think is too bad. Its funny watching it go waaay up when I boil the kettle or switch the cooker on. When we first got it I couldn't stop looking at it, and thinking "Why has it gone up?" and then remember I'd put the washing machine on!

So to save money, you can monitor the situation and turn off the appliance. That is going to bite into the profit of the enegy generator and they're not going to like that, so they'll just increase the tariff, which means you use less fuel to save money and the enegy generator is not going to like that .....

Well said, also, the other little trick that they are pulling at the moment is estimating your meter reading lower than it is, wanting to refund you money (in my case over £1,000) and lowering the direct debit.

In this way:-

A. the balance sheet as at 31 December will show less cash and profit

B. hence their profits will be reduced and they won't have to defend such extortionate profits

C. when they increase their prices in the new year the increase will apply to a theoretical, but bogus, increased usage

I told them to poke it, in writing of course.

I got a free one from N-Power. I have since changed suppliers.

I thought it was kinda ironic that you could plug it into a power socket, mines running on batteries.

I've got mine set to show how much money it costs. It usually shows £0.03 an hour even with the TV, sky box, fridge, boiler pilot light/timer and aquarium on, which I don't think is too bad. Its funny watching it go waaay up when I boil the kettle or switch the cooker on. When we first got it I couldn't stop looking at it, and thinking "Why has it gone up?" and then remember I'd put the washing machine on!

mines 7p with tv and sky,freezer,

i switch the boiler ignition off if heating isnt on,obv i wont in winter due to frost control,

god electric oven and kettle takes it up to 87p lol

i have stopped doing jacket spuds in the oven since having this,microwave them now lol

Archived