Mountain bike routes

hi all, does anyone know of any good mountain bike trails in or around sheffield as im just gettin back in to xc mountain bikeing

I'm just getting back into this as well, went round Ladybower res last weekend, don't know if you've tried there? I'm keen to explore some new routes after getting my bike fixed and back on the road!

• 9 months later...
Here's a tip - stop churning up the countryside and ruining its beauty and stick to the roads instead!

Are the vast numbers of walkers who won't wear proper footwear and thus make new paths causing further erosion becuase they are scared of a puddle going to stop spoiling things and stick to walking down The Moor and Fargate insteaad of on the moor and through farm gates?

Hi

Does anyone do any night riding around Wharncliffe/Greno Woods?

I've just started again on my bike and i found my lights so i fancy doing a few night rides around Wharncliffe/Greno Woods, i know loads of routes/rides etc

Mell

I like biking in Grenno / Warncliffe, got myself a decent light so would be up for some riding :)

• 1 month later...

If you go to the parking at Wharncliffe (on Woodhead Road, just past Grenoside) then you will find marked trails starting at the second barrier on the main landrover track. There is a black and a red. Take care it will be getting muddy. Alternately if you are new to MTBing you can have a lot of fun just bumbling about on the forestry access tracks. There are also tracks in Greno Woods.

Archived