Tory Lord tells us we've "never had it so good"

People with savings aren't laughing.

Nor are those with private pensions.

Nor those who have lost their jobs.

Nor those who are about to lose their jobs.

Nor those who are about to lose benefits.

Nor those who have suffered a pay cut.

Nor those who are suffering a pay freeze.

It was nice to hear the clinking of crockery during the interview though. I've got a mental image of a very nice, starched white tablecloth.

Of course, they could have been in the soup kitchen.

People with savings aren't laughing ............. Got some

Nor are those with private pensions…………….. Got one

Nor those who have lost their jobs…………… Been there

Nor those who are about to lose their jobs. ….. There now

Nor those who are about to lose benefits. ……

Nor those who have suffered a pay cut. ………… On half what I used to be

Nor those who are suffering a pay freeze……….. Two years in a row.

Do I get a prize for 6 out of 7.

People with savings aren't laughing ............. Got some

Nor are those with private pensions…………….. Got one

Nor those who have lost their jobs…………… Been there

Nor those who are about to lose their jobs. ….. There now

Nor those who are about to lose benefits. ……

Nor those who have suffered a pay cut. ………… On half what I used to be

Nor those who are suffering a pay freeze……….. Two years in a row.

Do I get a prize for 6 out of 7.

Don't forget, we are all in this together.

I heard the whole of his comment on Radio 4 and it just got worse.

Then David Mellor came on and tried to justify it. Worse and worse...

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

These people are so out of touch yet advising the Government. They can apologise as much as they like, it still shows how Tories think.

Exactly. They sit in their mansions sipping their glasses of Krug whilst bemoaning the fact they can no longer get the services of a 6 year old chimney sweep, or buy a duck house on expenses, and they have no inkling whatsoever how normal people live.

Anyway, the stupid git has now resigned.

Not a good week for the boy Cameron, first he loses his personal vanity photographer then he loses one of his most trusted advisors. Shame.

No, they're about teaching greed and selfishness or as Andrew Marr put it in the History of Modern Britain, "I'll have that," even if it wasn't theirs to have in the first place.

Correct. And whilst the rich get richer and the poor get poorer under successive Conservative and LABOUR and ConDem governments, and now the poor are paying for the rich bankers and speculators' greed, what Lord Young means, along with the rest of the greedy unscrupulous tophats, is that 'We've never had it so good!

Exactly. They sit in their mansions sipping their glasses of Krug whilst bemoaning the fact they can no longer get the services of a 6 year old chimney sweep, or buy a duck house on expenses, and they have no inkling whatsoever how normal people live.

Anyway, the stupid git has now resigned.

Not a good week for the boy Cameron, first he loses his personal vanity photographer then he loses one of his most trusted advisors. Shame.

At least the good news for him is that he knows that Clegg is not about to walk out to preserve a shred of decency, as it all went a long time ago.

So Clegg has realised that he is a Tory. He is hardly the first, Blair out Thatchered Thatcher and got more of the idiot masses to embrace it.

Here's the bloke who came second after Blair out Thatchered Thatcher in the 1998 Saffron Waldon Thatchering contest. http://irishfireside.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Adare-thatcher-14.jpg

Archived