Tory Lord tells us we've "never had it so good"

Yes, the real Tory party is all about encouraging people to help themselves rather than sponging off the state. If you had the good sense to take out an affordable mortgage when times were good, you should now be finding that your monthly repayments have dropped significantly.

If you read the whole speech rather than just take one sentence out of context and twist it, Lord Young is absolutely correct.

No it is not. If it was, we'd be seeing back to work programmes run more cheaply by the state, rather than farmed out to private companies to run incompetently for more money.

The Conservative, New Labour (and it seems, the Liberal Democrat) parties are all about funneling public money into private hands. No more, and no less. See PPP/PFI deals and the relative cost compared to doing the work through the public sector.

We're developing along the lines of the American free market system, and their bastardisation of everything Adam Smith wrote about.

"A government of merchants is, perhaps, the worst government a nation could have," (The Wealth of Nations)

What’s childish about having lived through the Thatcher era and having no trust for them again, isn’t it this mistrust that stopped them achieving the landslide that was theirs to take.

They havent even got a mandate to run the country- its the liberals that sold out. 5 years of cuts, but it will only be 5 years mind as I can see people making the same mistake twice.

They havent even got a mandate to run the country- its the liberals that sold out. 5 years of cuts, but it will only be 5 years mind as I can see people making the same mistake twice.

Yes they do :roll: its called a coalition, something that is common place across the planet and part of our democracy. Just because you didn't vote for them doesn't mean you can try to undermine them with lies.

Why are labour supporters such whiny little <removed>?

Yes they do :roll: its called a coalition, something that is common place across the planet and part of our democracy. Just because you didn't vote for them doesn't mean you can try to undermine them with lies.

Why are labour supporters such whiny little <REMOVED>?

No, you are just arguing with yourself now

More people voted for the Lib Dems and Labour than voted for the Conservatives.

The Lib Dems and Labour policies were, rightly or wrongly, for a gradual reduction in the deficit.

They have no mandate for these cuts.

Why are labour supporters such whiny little <Removed>?

Because I want the tories out before this country is ruined. But like I said it will only be 4 and a half years.

try to undermine them with lies.

Just a little word of warning.

On another area of the forum there is a tread about masked swearing and the forums zero tolerance on it, if I was you I would just use ****** in future, one letter in the wrong place and a ban could follow.

Another victory for the left wing media and their hysterical campaign to undermine the coaltion! Why shouldn't a politician be able to express an opinion without being censored?

He can, as long as he, and his defenders (like you), are willing to listen to our opinions in return - even the (left or right wing) media is entitled to an opinion too - or does only yours count?

No good getting peeved because most people's opinions are opposite to his.

It would help if he knew what he was talking about though - how many except for those paying mortgages, are better off and most of the governments measures haven't even come into effect yet.

Tell all the businesses, large and small, who have closed down in the last 12 or 18 months, that it's ONLY a "so called" recession.

I'm sure it will have seemed like a real one to them.

I don't mean to sound rude, but just how much influence do you think posters on this forum have?

Archived