Afghanistan-Time to go ! National Demo in London tomorrow !

This is the fourth time in 170 years that we have fought a war in Afghanistan. Each time we have invaded the UK has retreated with a bloody nose. The country is littered with the graves of over 15,000 British service personnel that have given their lives in these previous dreadful conflicts. How many more ?

This is the fourth time in 170 years that we have fought a war in Afghanistan. Each time we have invaded the UK has retreated with a bloody nose. The country is littered with the graves of over 15,000 British service personnel that have given their lives in these previous dreadful conflicts. How many more ?

The Second War wasn't such a disaster. But your point stands.

Keep em there and support their actions

Why keep them there?

I want us out of Afghanistan, but I won't be supporting Stop the War Coalition.

I also want the British troops out. I don't blame the troops for the stupidity of their political masters but I see no advantage in a war that has our troops fighting against someone who wasn't our enemy until we invaded and a war we have zero chance of winning.

As for 'stop the war' lot. I believe they are right in this one but no way would I join that bunch of left wing idiots in anything.

We took out their government, so we have a moral responsibility to produce a working system to replace it.

I would've preferred our government to perfect their own democratic processes before violently imposing them on other nations.

It's strange that our political leaders who decide Afghanistan's and Iraq's fates are barely capable of running their own constituencies and cities :|

x

Keep em there and support their actions

And of course, if Afghanistan is so violent that our troops need to remain there for the forseeable future, then you won't deny any Afghan asylum seekers the right to seek sanctuary of the UK, will you?

x x

Archived