Looking for any Barnards

mrsnoo

I am doing the usual....the family tree. I know that my great great grandfather was called James Barnard he was married to Margaret {Banks or Kell} He was a toll bar keeper until Margaret died in 1870ish. I have then found that he married again to a Fanny and thatt they had 3 more children called Fanny Gertrude and Charles .I also know that they had a grand-daughter called Fanny {i think her surname was Smith}.They lived at 11 Warden Street in Attercliffe cum Darnall in the 1881 census. James came from Pontifract. After this i am lost. All his children from his first marriage have died and so have his grandchildren .When talking to what remainds of his family no one ever mentions that he was married twice or anything about these other children. Is there anyone out there who could be related to him in any way?

• 2 years later...
There was a sweet shop on Manor top 70's 80's called Barnards

I remember Barnards, at the Manor Top.

It was a paper shop/ sweet shop/ toy shop all in one.

I know it closed down, quite a while ago, (must be over six or seven years ago!) although I seem to remember that they had another small corner/ paper shop on the corner of Cullabine and Fairleigh, as you went down Prince Of Wales Road, on the left. I think that shop is still there, although I have no idea whether the Barnard family are still involved in running it.

Hi

These look like some of the burials, in case you don't already have them.

BARNARD Charles Henry 12 Jan 1905 aged 28 labourer 11 Warden St Carbrook B35c Tinsley Park Cemetery

BARNARD Fanny 30 Jan 1910 aged 71 widow 11 Warden St Carbrook B35c Tinsley Park Cemetery

BARNARD James 13 Mar 1899 aged 68 labourer 11 Warden St Attercliffe B35c Tinsley Park Cemetery

BARNARD Margaret Banks 22 Jan 1871 aged 34 wife of James Tinsley Rd Attercliffe C3104c Attercliffe Municipal Cem

BARNARD Maria 24 May 1874 aged10m dau of James 501 Tinsley Rd Attercliffe C3105c Attercliffe Municipal Cem

BARNARD William B. 26 Feb 1884 aged 9m infant 11 Warden Street Attercliffe C3105c Attercliffe Municipal Cem

Tuppie

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk

• 13 years later...