The Tory ministers of the 80's should be put on trial for the Ridley plan.

My link says otherwise (sadly for those involved).

Not commercially viable.

PLANS for a landmark green energy project potentially creating thousands of jobs for Yorkshire have been thrown into doubt after the parent company behind the scheme went into administration.

Powerfuel plc had already secured £180m from the European Union to develop the world's largest "clean coal" power plant at Hatfield in South Yorkshire, but the company collapsed yesterday after admitting it had failed to secure the further funding needed for the first phase of the scheme – some £635m.

The news calls into question the viability of Yorkshire's long-term ambition to establish a huge carbon capture and storage (CCS) pipeline network stretching from the Aire Valley to the Humber coast, incorporating all the region's major polluters.

The Hatfield plan – which incorporates CCS technology – was supposed to be the first part of this wider Yorkshire scheme, which has the potential to slash the UK's entire carbon emissions by a tenth and create up to 55,000 jobs across the region.

Your quote says nothing about the Commercial viability of the project, it just says that it can't get the set up funding it requires. It says more about the collapse of the financial system than anything else.

My attitude? What for not wanting to get hit in the head witha brick that's an attitude deserving of you calling my father a scab?

He was a member of NACODS which lapsed. He had NO responsibility to the miners yet he worked to keep their pit open and safe so they could return to work. For doing so, for working to do so I got bricked in the head

The lowest of the low, since we are having to use language you understand are people like you. Cretinous little turds who resort to viloence because they have neither the wit nor the sense to see any other way. You are nothing - you are scum. Anyone who advocates and considers assault on anyone as acceptable is low but theose then think threatening children are beyodn contempt. I wish you a long bitter and unpleasant life sadly that is more than you deserve. I will thank you however for reminding me just what attitudes exist in Sheffield, and why I decided to get out.

So you are lying again to make your point. :rolleyes:

This is what I said:

"That doesn't make what happened right, but the damage your father did was far greater than a few broken windows."

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6927757&postcount=102

Resorting to lies and insults to try to win a point, just shows how low you would stoop, to make your nasty political points that put communities up and down the country on the scrapheap.

to make your nasty political points that put communities up and down the country on the scrapheap.

I came from one of those remember - ones that were put on the scrapheap by the intransigence of the miners that decided whining and puling for a job, followed by violence egged on by the likes of you against anyone who dared to even say they were wrong.

They got put on the scrapheap because they deserved it though their own inaction. The rest of the world went on their way and made something of themselves.

I notice you still refuse to apologise for your support for violence. When you I'll debate with you further.

I came from one of those remember - ones that were put on the scrapheap by the intransigence of the miners that decided whining and puling for a job, followed by violence egged on by the likes of you against anyone who dared to even say they were wrong.

They got put on the scrapheap because they deserved it though their own inaction. The rest of the world went on their way and made something of themselves.

I notice you still refuse to apologise for your support for violence. When you I'll debate with you further.

Your post really says alot about you. there is no point arguing with someone that repeatedly lies about what others have said rather than apologise.

Archived