CHEAP , sick of the word ?

Im just wondering if any other tradesmen ect are sick of seeing people wanting CHEAP JOB DOING ECT "pay peanuts get monkeys " . I know times are hard but nearly every post i see as regards tardesmen is, im wanting it CHEAP. Yes i do understand we all want a good job at a fair price but the word CHEAP is insulting after all the years tradesmen ect take to learn what they do . Do you see solicitors doing there work for cheap , or do we see doctors doing there job for cheap or have you all taken pay drops in your full time employment ,so basically why expect us fellow tradesmen "self employed ie taxes ect " to do CHEAP ie meaning most people moan about a good days wage for a good days work , I personally have noticed things getting worse as regards people wanting CHEAP , has anyone else noticed this or is it me having a good old winge . What i have notic ed aswell is i have been to alot of jobs where the work was done CHEAP ,but i have beeen called out to put right , SO CHEAP IS NOT ALWAYS BEST ?

Im just wondering if any other tradesmen ect are sick of seeing people wanting CHEAP JOB DOING ECT "pay peanuts get monkeys " . I know times are hard but nearly every post i see as regards tardesmen is, im wanting it CHEAP. Yes i do understand we all want a good job at a fair price but the word CHEAP is insulting after all the years tradesmen ect take to learn what they do . Do you see solicitors doing there work for cheap , or do we see doctors doing there job for cheap or have you all taken pay drops in your full time employment ,so basically why expect us fellow tradesmen "self employed ie taxes ect " to do CHEAP ie meaning most people moan about a good days wage for a good days work , I personally have noticed things getting worse as regards people wanting CHEAP , has anyone else noticed this or is it me having a good old winge . What i have notic ed aswell is i have been to alot of jobs where the work was done CHEAP ,but i have beeen called out to put right , SO CHEAP IS NOT ALWAYS BEST ?

Any chance of a bit of CHEAP plastering done mate?

Seriously though, you get what you pay for but in a time of iminent redundancys and belt tightning the way forward for you and others may be to drop prices, its either that or starve/get evicted!

Would you expect Asda and Morrisons to drop their prices or Macdonalds or Starbucks. No mate. its been a competative market for years in the building trade and eventually ther will be no trades men left no apprentices no plumbers, no sparkies. Who will you go to then for your cheap jobs doing?

Any chance of a bit of CHEAP plastering done mate?

Seriously though, you get what you pay for but in a time of iminent redundancys and belt tightning the way forward for you and others may be to drop prices, its either that or starve/get evicted!

LOL seen that before somewhere mate ha ha , but yes your right i have dropped my prices hell of alot over the last year its now getting to a stage where its time to fold up , lol thats why i hate seeing CHEAP but sighn of ttimes i suppose , lol looks likee ill be applying for b&q or summert in building section ha ha :hihi:

Would you expect Asda and Morrisons to drop their prices or Macdonalds or Starbucks. No mate. its been a competative market for years in the building trade and eventually ther will be no trades men left no apprentices no plumbers, no sparkies. Who will you go to then for your cheap jobs doing?

Exactly my point , everyone expects us to drop all out prices but cost of materials ect dont drop , van insurance goes up every year , so its comming to a end :(

Pay cheap, get cheap, pay twice. False economy in my opinion

But it is happening mate , i used to get 2 or 3 jobs a week booked in of here now im lucky if i get that a month because all replys i get is i got cheaper , well good luck to them like you said false econemy mate

Exactly my point , everyone expects us to drop all out prices but cost of materials ect dont drop , van insurance goes up every year , so its comming to a end :(

You no doubt have a voice, if someone wants a CHEAP job you can always tell them where to go, but how long can you afford to do this!

Its only going to get tougher.

But it is happening mate , i used to get 2 or 3 jobs a week booked in of here now im lucky if i get that a month because all replys i get is i got cheaper , well good luck to them like you said false econemy mate

You should try some of the local building firms mate were decorators and most of the firms we work for are crying out for decent plasteres.

Archived