Are British children out of control?

Tipex

Just finnished watching a few documentaries on british children, and was ashamed of their attitudes compared to those in other countries, who have more respect, morals, education, ect.

Not all children in this country are bad, dont get me wrong, but it's about time we started teaching children the correct way.

Just finnished watching a few documentaries on british children, and was ashamed of their attitudes compared to those in other countries, who have more respect, morals, education, ect.

Not all children in this country are bad, dont get me wrong, but it's about time we started teaching children the correct way.

Which way would that be ?

my children KNOW how far they can go with adults and they know they will be punished if they go too far/missbehave and they also KNOW what punishment/s they will be likely to get if they missbehave, im not saying we are overly strict we have fun and theres planty of laughter in our home and my kids are happy and live fullfilled lives but i strongly belive that hitting them or screaming at them does NOT help, ive found the most effective way is to take things away that they really value and to follow through with punishments and to be consistent.

my children occassionaly try and push their luck with me and their dad but it is nipped in the bud quickly. we always explain what they are doing is wrong and that it is not acceptable and they are not to do it again and if they do there will be a consequence i.e a toy or privaledge will be withheld for x amount of time.

im not saying its easy and in the early days when my eldest was young there were tantrums and screaming fits but we sat through them and now we have what we consider to be a well mannererd young man.

i belive mostly it is down to parents and if the parents are the type to give in at the slightest scream when they children are young. however i am aware there are some times when a parent cannot win no matter what they say and/or do.

Archived