Are British children out of control?

Tipex

I'm leaving myself open to a right slating but here goes:

I'm of the view that the more affluent the parents then the more likely it is that the children will be gainfully employed in activities. Obviously these actiities will build the social skills, ensure that they are fit, co-ordinated & team players, keep them occupied in after school hours and promote other interests outside of school.

Children from the less affluent are babysat by the TV, occupied by the PS3, not encouraged to engage in active and team based sports. We all see the results of this style of parenting everytime we go in to town.

I'm of the firm belief that if your kids are occupied, disciplined, motivated and most of all interacted with at a level just beyond their years then they will grow to be decent and reasonable human beings. If people insist on letting their chunky kids fester in front of the TV then they will develop borderline autistic social skills and will join the army of feckless, troglodyte halfwits we see roaming the precincts nationwide.

I'm of the view that the more affluent the parents then the more likely it is that the children will be gainfully employed in activities. Obviously these actiities will build the social skills, ensure that they are fit, co-ordinated & team players, keep them occupied in after school hours and promote other interests outside of school.

Children from the less affluent are babysat by the TV, occupied by the PS3, not encouraged to engage in active and team based sports. We all see the results of this style of parenting everytime we go in to town.

I'm of the firm belief that if your kids are occupied, disciplined, motivated and most of all interacted with at a level just beyond their years then they will grow to be decent and reasonable human beings. If people insist on letting their chunky kids fester in front of the TV then they will develop borderline autistic social skills and will join the army of feckless, troglodyte halfwits we see roaming the precincts nationwide.

Don't know why..it's the most sense you've typed in ages. :D

Are Politicians honest :suspect:

Politicians at the lower levels are just you and me, but at the top not generally, but could you answer high level questions on a wide range of subjects with precisely up to date information, without faltering and giving a single sound snipe from say 4 hours of debate from a whole panel of say 100 opposes who are all pre-armed with well formed leading questions and probably went to just as good public schools and universities?

Honesty, well, can you please all the people all the time? Due to ever changing circumstance can you always do what was promised?

Open to attack, not really, I know people from both sides of the fence who fail their children and others who help produce some of the best. Otherwise your spot on!

The only thing about say families living in council estates is that there is more 'bad' influence surrounding them, so when they succeed, more credit due.

Open to attack, not really, I know people from both sides of the fence who fail their children and others who help produce some of the best. Otherwise your spot on!

The only thing about say families living in council estates is that there is more 'bad' influence surrounding them, so when they succeed, more credit due.

I'm with you there, success in the face of adversity should always be acknowledged. What ****** me off is when people have the resources to enable their kids to succeed but fail to employ them.

Politicians at the lower levels are just you and me, but at the top not generally, but could you answer high level questions on a wide range of subjects with precisely up to date information, without faltering and giving a single sound snipe from say 4 hours of debate from a whole panel of say 100 opposes who are all pre-armed with well formed leading questions and probably went to just as good public schools and universities?

Honesty, well, can you please all the people all the time? Due to ever changing circumstance can you always do what was promised?

No but if i had a high profile job like that i would respect my position and not thieve off the public.

Archived