HELP - think my cat is blind

denlin

This morning she was ok but when OH came home at lunchtime he noticed a change in her behaviour and her pupils are the size of her eyes and she is not responding to visual stimuli but is wandering round miaowing. Shes 16 and I'm really worried, I've had her since she was born. IF no different in morning OH is taking her to vet. Shes eating OK - any ideas what could cause this?

Yippeee her sight has come back:clap::clap: Spoke to vet and thinks it could well be high blood pressure due to her age and have booked appointment for Monday for blood test to check kidneys etc are ok. I am so relieved because vet says is treatable:D:D

That's brilliant :D

With a bit of luck you'll get someone who knows how to handle the tiny little blood pressure cuffs that they use with cats, and your cat will be patient with the vet ;)

That's a much better and treatable option than if it was a CVA.

That's brilliant :D

With a bit of luck you'll get someone who knows how to handle the tiny little blood pressure cuffs that they use with cats, and your cat will be patient with the vet ;)

That's a much better and treatable option than if it was a CVA.

Thanks - I am so relieved. What are blood pressure cuffs? We take her to Springfield vets

Archived