Drinking age,,should it be lowered

Reading Wednesday 1's comments about going for a pint set me thinking ,you can go out and start earning at 16 full time and also join the army,would it be viable to lower the drinking age to 16.It may stop a lot of our community institutions,the pub, going to the wall and god knows we need to get the community spirit back somehow.Plus it might help reduce the onset of ricketts which was documented the other day, off the computer into the pub

Reading Wednesday 1's comments about going for a pint set me thinking ,you can go out and start earning at 16 full time and also join the army,would it be viable to lower the drinking age to 16.It may stop a lot of our community institutions,the pub, going to the wall and god knows we need to get the community spirit back somehow.Plus it might help reduce the onset of ricketts which was documented the other day, off the computer into the pub

Dont see why not, you can smoke when your 16, drive when 17, have sex when your 16.(funnily enough its 20 in Tunisia and 12 in Colombia!).

There would be no pubs left then ,the breweries would shut for a start

I beg to differ. Your lower end, inner city 'just in date' outlets (I can't call them pubs) would close but your proper boozers would be greatly enhanced. Imagine tucking into a pint of Black Sheep without some spotty oik and his equally wretched teenage pregnancy statistic of a girlfriend braying into their Stella and WKD blue ... Bliss ;)

Archived