Drinking age,,should it be lowered

yup ive been to sheff twice this year for a few days and gone up and down and up and down west street both times, i saw how mega packed all the pubs, clubs and take aways were, it was thriving..........didnt see any wannabe gangstas tho :suspect:

wannabe gansters are all over,its the real ones thats the problems...you very rarely know who they are;)

I think the drinking age should be lowered to 16. When I was 16 in the late 70's we were never asked for ID, we couldn't afford to drink much which kept us in hand, and at least my parents knew where I was.......in the local pub, warm and safe.

Now a days 16yr olds are often drinking in the local park, cheap booze and hence too much of it and god knows what else aswell.

I'd rather know where my kids are.

I'd say many of the drunken brawls involve the younger drinkers, and agree that raising the limit to 21 might save the lives a few innocents across the country every weekend.

Either that or require the pubs to serve only Bud Lite to those under 21 :D

Archived