Happyhippy (R.I.P.) - Funeral details now in OP

Very sad and very surprising news.

Happy hippy was a very fine poster and also an excellent moderator on the Forum and, although I never met him, I am sure that these qualities were a reflection of the man himself, as the tributes to him on this thread confirm. Condolences to his family.

Jesus Christ (As he would say,) my Dad is all over the Internet. haha I never knew he was so popular. I'll reiterate everything you've all posted: he was one of the nicest men around, and would always have some odd fact to tell me about. Normally something that I didn't really care about, but I listened anyway because I knew knowing lots of different things was important to him.

RIP Daddy!

Let's hope the Blades win today to give him one last good send off!

Up The Blades!

HH and I never met face to face. We discussed cricket mainly. I was impressed by his knowledge, his insight and his way of getting his point across without recourse to unpleasantness...on many topics, not just cricket.

I will raise a glass to him next year at Headingly.

All those blessings that are mine to give are sent to his family and friends at this sad time.

Jesus Christ (As he would say,) my Dad is all over the Internet. haha I never knew he was so popular. I'll reiterate everything you've all posted: he was one of the nicest men around, and would always have some odd fact to tell me about. Normally something that I didn't really care about, but I listened anyway because I knew knowing lots of different things was important to him.

RIP Daddy!

Let's hope the Blades win today to give him one last good send off!

Up The Blades!

That's a lovely tribute, seems some of his greatness and niceness rubbed off on you. Thinking of you and the rest of his family at this sad time xx

I posted on the other thread in the football section but I want to post here too.

R.I.P., young man. You were taken far too early and the world and the internet is a slightly worse off place without you. We need more like you in the world but sadly it appears that the world wants to take all the good ones too early.

Where do I start? Grahame has been one of myclosest friends over the last decade and in recent weeks has been living under my roof as part of the happy household.

I had my phone on silent yesterday and as the evening ticked on I was expecting him to wander through the door with a bottle of cider from the local offy and to sit himself down at his usual chair at the table, load up the internet and our banter and often co-moderating would continue through the early hours. I wish I had checked my phone, instead I thought I'd pass a few moments and come onto the Forum where I discovered the news. A couple of calls later and I was and still am in pieces.

I can't say much more than has already been said on here about what a wonderful guy he was. We went through many ups and downs together over the years, sharing both happy and sad times, but he was always there. Now he isn't and I'm really struggling to come to terms with this.

Grahame - too good to loose (Lautrec)

Archived