Council tenants to be checked out financially

Social housing is clearly not 'for all', there are massive waiting lists all over the country and that's with only a fraction even wanting to use social housing. It's obviously for those in need.

Social housing IS subsidised by the tax payer, indirectly.

No, instead they live somewhere that they don't and will never own at a reduced rate because the tax payer is helping to pay for it.

I'm not sure what subsidies you think mortgage payers get?

Bank bailouts?

A scheme that hasn't existed for a decade. This isn't the ancient history forum!
but it did exist and helped a lot of people out .whats up cant you admit that it helped you :hihi: i wonder how many people it helped out who are now mortgage free thanks to the tax payers?

I didn't buy a house until 2001. I'll have to ask you again what help people with a mortgage get today though. Is it none?

The key word was 'get', not 'got'. Indicates it happening today you see, tense and all that!

you didnt benefit from the miras then but millions did. you keep going on about today yet claimed how many council tenants have benefited from subsidies over the years .how many benefited through the miras scheme ? mortgage rates have been at there lowest rates for years so this in effect has helped mortgage payers what part of that dont you understand :loopy:

I keep 'going on' about today because my question was

I'm not sure what subsidies you think mortgage payers get?

To which you answered with something from the past. Clearly no one is getting any miras subsidy today. I didn't ask what subsidies they got, I don't care if the Victorian's were giving out free money to mortgage owners. What subsidies do you think mortgage payers get?

Interest rates are not a subsidy. So at the moment the answer is pretty obviously, none. They get no subsidies, there are no subsidies for mortgage payers.

In case you missed it

If people who have a mortgage get their costs subsidised then shouldn't they pay that back when the house is sold on? After all, the private or council renting tenants get nothing out of it so why should the mortgage payers be different?

I was responding to this.

The assertion is wrong, false and not true. You wittering on about miras and low interest rates doesn't alter it.

I keep 'going on' about today because my question was

To which you answered with something from the past. Clearly no one is getting any miras subsidy today. I didn't ask what subsidies they got, I don't care if the Victorian's were giving out free money to mortgage owners. What subsidies do you think mortgage payers get?

Interest rates are not a subsidy. So at the moment the answer is pretty obviously, none. They get no subsidies, there are no subsidies for mortgage payers.

In case you missed it

I was responding to this.

The assertion is wrong, false and not true. You wittering on about miras and low interest rates doesn't alter it.

so an interest rate say at 15% then goes down to say 6% (just examples)and you saying the people paying the mortgage dont benefit from this :loopy:. now if you cant see that i rest my case :hihi:

Archived