Council tenants to be checked out financially

But there was more industry and other influencing factors. Are you really trying to say that re-building houses after the war was the only reason why the debt fell?

Of course it isn't the only reason, but building low cost housing and having plenty of it, benefits all of us.

We can have people paying X rent to the state. And be left over with Y to spend in the wider economy.

Or we can have the madness we have now where people pay X+50% to a B2L landlord who keeps some and gives the rest to the banks.

Leaving less Y to be spent in the economy.

Of course it isn't the only reason, but building low cost housing and having plenty of it, benefits all of us.

We can have people paying X rent to the state. And be left over with Y to spend in the wider economy.

Or we can have the madness we have now where people pay X+50% to a B2L landlord who keeps some and gives the rest to the banks.

People should listen to you because you talk a lot of sense my friend.

Wasn't Labours idea that all new build social developments (flats, complexes, etc), would hand over a percentage of the properties, or something?

Sorry what happens with Y, surely that's invested somewhere to make more money Z, which is used (hopefully in or benefiting this country) to provide more and better jobs so people can get out of depending on benefits.

As shown in other threads (e.g.your maths equations (albeit very good) can lack some of the factors, i.e. too isolated and in my opinion (say from writing physics engines for games) too perfect.

Poorer, not poor and still better off than the unemployed guy you strangely don't seem to give a stuff about.

I suppose whether they fall into the category of poor or poorer depends on what level of income over needs the Government will decide to evict them on, either way our wonderful new government have found another way of hitting those worse off.

Regarding the poor unemployed guy, radical that it may seem but why don't we build some new affordable housing and just for once let those who have made a lot of money over the last few years pay for it.

I think the council should look at the tenants who are living in there properties now and see if they can jig people around abit to free larger houses up for new tenants, where I live you will find big 4 bedroom parlor houses with only 1 person living in them, I find this a waste of a property, and think the council should make these people move into smaller houses.

Archived