Council tenants to be checked out financially

The Gypsies have it susses, buy a luxury caravan and let the councils build some amenities for them to rent.

At least you can move about without having to re buy and mess about with the banks and mortgages ect.

PM Q's the other day, seems that there's a new bill coming there also, since it ain't right.

I suppose whether they fall into the category of poor or poorer depends on what level of income over needs the Government will decide to evict them on, either way our wonderful new government have found another way of hitting those worse off.

The bill won't effect any existing tenants, we're exempt...

I think the council should look at the tenants who are living in there properties now and see if they can jig people around abit to free larger houses up for new tenants, where I live you will find big 4 bedroom parlor houses with only 1 person living in them, I find this a waste of a property, and think the council should make these people move into smaller houses.

mmm, bloke gets a young daft girlfriend with a few kids, gets large property in his name, then chucks her out. Seen that happen this year...

I believe his plan was to do a crop! (ahem)

I live in S5 on a council estate, quite a few of the houses on my street (including mine) have been bought, so I suppose I would be in that situation if your scenario comes true.

This has been my hope for a while, a first stepping stone onto the market.

I suppose whether they fall into the category of poor or poorer depends on what level of income over needs the Government will decide to evict them on, either way our wonderful new government have found another way of hitting those worse off..

The guy who can't get in a council house is the one worse off; and you're determined to make sure he stays that way.

I think the council should look at the tenants who are living in there properties now and see if they can jig people around abit to free larger houses up for new tenants, where I live you will find big 4 bedroom parlor houses with only 1 person living in them, I find this a waste of a property, and think the council should make these people move into smaller houses.
Immigrants.

And anyone that thinks that that is just an off the cuff inflammatory comment should ask the council about the meeting they had at the cutlers hall recently.

That's all Im saying on the matter but if anyone who was actually at the meeting would like to comment...

Of course it isn't the only reason, but building low cost housing and having plenty of it, benefits all of us.

We can have people paying X rent to the state. And be left over with Y to spend in the wider economy.

Or we can have the madness we have now where people pay X+50% to a B2L landlord who keeps some and gives the rest to the banks.

Leaving less Y to be spent in the economy.

My Bold=

My family has a few buy to let houses and the rent coming in is less than the actual mortgage payments plus there are other expenses so not all btl landlords end up with money to keep.

Immigrants.

And anyone that thinks that that is just an off the cuff inflammatory comment should ask the council about the meeting they had at the cutlers hall recently.

That's all Im saying on the matter but if anyone who was actually at the meeting would like to comment...

I'd like to see the transcript actually. Nothing against immigration in principle, but I can say the landscape has changed both to eye and ear over the last ten year.

I've even totally avoided the "Whites will be a minority by 2066" thread, dunno, it was predicted years ago as inevitable. Once again saw figures for immigration the other day and the ConDems claimed they'd at least half the steady figures of the last ten years. Hopefully they'll have the gumption and with the measures already rolling out, maybe they will. But it has without doubt put an added strain on all services, not just housing.

Archived