Council tenants to be checked out financially

The Conservatives (and their predecessors) are trying to destroy social housing.

Thatcher began the assault in the 80s by selling it off.

Labour continued the assault by selling it off, knocking it down and doing it up ready for the next Conservative government.

They are now selling it off and taking 100% of the receipts, increasing the rents, shortening tenancies.

They are also trying to change the legal definition of homeless so they are not required to provide help to as many as they currently do.

They are trying to set up a two-tier system for under and over 35s, exploiting the the demographic profile of the UK (less young people, more older people).

With increased rents, limited tenancies etc. it will not be social housing.

It's a disgrace.

Nobody should vote for the Conservatives or Labour, nor the Condems.These MP's are exploiting peoples housing situations and the housing benefit situations that they control for their own personal private profit.

We need a totally new government that is proactive when it comes to housebuilding. It may cost a little in the short term, but it is very beneficial in the long run.

You only need to look at how housing has changed in Sheffield to see what a disgrace the system is.

this part I agree with,they are all init for themselves,and sod the poor.

We build plenty of state housing. We do not allow for the state housing to be sold.

We place a cap on rents.

This is bang on the money,the trouble is the liblabcon dont give a stuff about the people who are struggling to make ends meet.

My Bold=

My family has a few buy to let houses and the rent coming in is less than the actual mortgage payments plus there are other expenses so not all btl landlords end up with money to keep.

Just a house :roll:

I seriously hope for a interest rate rise to about 10% so these people get wiped out financially.

Do your 6 years of credit rip, or 1 year, whatever it is now. And then try to earn money/assets honestly.

Just a house :roll:

I seriously hope for a interest rate rise to about 10% so these people get wiped out financially.

Do your 6 years of credit rip, or 1 year, whatever it is now. And then try to earn money/assets honestly.

My post says a few houses. :rolleyes:

The fixed rates finished on all of them a couple of years ago and even if the interest rate went to 10% it would be no problem.

The point i am making is not all btl landlords are in it for the quick buck, a couple of the tenants have been in the houses for 6 years now and are not paying extortionate rents.

Just as an example one family is in a 3 bed house with drive and large garden in a nice part of s5 and we only charge £90 a week rent, the morgage is £450 a month. I have seen nearby propertys asking for £120 a week in rent for similar properties.

How much does the council now charge for a 3 bed property in s5?

The rents of social housing have been rising above inflation YOY for a while now. And they continue to do so.

Inflation X%

Wages X(-1)%

Social housing X(+.5)%

Every year, wages have been increasing less than inflation, rents have been rising more than inflation.

Do you have a reliable source for those stats? They totally contradict the official figures. Wage inflation is usually well above price inflation, although it can vary a lot.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/articles/nojournal/Patterns-of-Pay-1997to2009.pdf (page 10, fig 8 )

Archived