Your favorite pub as a teenager ??

grinder

I used to be a regular in the Royal Oak at the bottom of Cemetery Road back in the mid 60s. They were a smashing crowd in there back then. Every time the music stopped one of us would have to go halfway up the stairs, onto the landing, and put some more records on. It used to get so crowded at the weekends that if anyone wanted to leave at least 20 other people had to go outside to let enable them to get out and then come back in. I used to supplement my income by playing darts. We had a lot of fun in those far off days. No drugs in sight and we were still standing and reasonably sober when we left. ::partyhat:

Grannypat

The landlord was Eric Whitingham, his wife was Irene i think, There was some real clandestine relationships started in that pub.

The Sheffield Pheonix cycling club used to hold there meetings upstairs Erics son Frank was a good raceing cyclist and i believe he moved to Canada.

Archived