Phantom Royal Mail recorded items

I have 2 slips from RM, one for 2 recorded items dated 18/11/10 and one for 1 recorded item dated 16/11/10, with the time 11:26am scrawled on the slip.

I went to the depot today at Pond st. and after waiting 15 minutes was informed that they have all been delivered, which is funny seeing as I've only signed for 1 item in the last few days.

I came home and visited the RM track & trace webpage; the item from 11:26am 16/11/10 was apparently delivered and signed for at 11:26am 16/11/10, and here is the electronic proof of delivery... now that doesn't look anything like my signature. I know the electronic signature machines don't capture your sig very well but that's far too different. Also, if the item was signed for at 11:26am, why post a slip for that exact time??

The second slip with the 2 tracking numbers is even worse - the track & trace is saying they don't exist!!

Last week I had a recorded signed for package just stuffed in my mailbox as well so I know it's not outside the realms of possibility for them to put a little squiggle in the electronic sig box themself...

I don't know what to do.

Check to see if they havent left it somewhere around ur house! My postman, has chucked parcels over my fence onto my back garden before. Unknown to me! Good job they werent breakable!

It's an apartment block; all the mailboxes are together downstairs so if it was left lying around it wouldn't have been there for long!

Archived