Bridge Inn at Ford

Reesh2052

My family have gone to the Bridge Inn for 30 +years. Sally and Jim were the best publicans I have ever met - warm welcome , good food and wonderful atmosphere. We have been a few times since Steve took over and have very been disappointed. No warm welcome, no atmosphere and it is very "cliquey" now if you are not an "old friend" of steve's you are completely disregarded. Today at lunchtime after a walk stray dog menacing people who wanted to sit outside with a drink, no warsteiner lager and short of crisps ! This pub is in a lovely spot and it was a thriving business.

My family have gone to the Bridge Inn for 30 +years. Sally and Jim were the best publicans I have ever met - warm welcome , good food and wonderful atmosphere. We have been a few times since Steve took over and have very been disappointed. No warm welcome, no atmosphere and it is very "cliquey" now if you are not an "old friend" of steve's you are completely disregarded. Today at lunchtime after a walk stray dog menacing people who wanted to sit outside with a drink, no warsteiner lager and short of crisps ! This pub is in a lovely spot and it was a thriving business.

The stray dog must have been an old friend of Steve's as well then! There was a birthday party on saturday night attended by about 80+ people maybe thats why the crisps were low and 1 out of 3 lagers was off. I've never seen Steve "disregard" anybody, quite the opposite in fact then again i must be part of the "clique"

How many pubs are thriving these days? I would bet on not alot with the amount that have currently got metal curtains up! As for atmosphere alot of people use The Bridge because it doesn't have the usual fruit machines, quiz machines and juke box ie a bit of peace and quiet over a pint!

Well Frecheman we will have to agree to disagree, Steve walked straight past a small group of us yesterday lunchtime without a nod or a smile. I didn't mean the atmosphere from fruit machines and the like by the way I meant a warm friendly atmosphere and feeling welcome - the Bridge had that in spades for years which is why we were eating there at least once a week but it's gone now.

I have known The Bridge Inn from the age of around 5. I live in Lincoln now and when visiting my Father in Hackenthorpe and going to go out for lunch, I always suggested the pub. It certainly did use to be busy at lunchtimes and I usually phoned up to book a table to make sure. It was particularly pleasant during the winter with a real coal fire burning.

Some years ago when the Great Couple (The lady was Always on top of things and made you feel welcome) who had managed the place for years left, we went along one November day to see if it was the same. The first thing that we noticed on entering, was that there was no welcoming fire burning, which there would have been before. The Menu at that time was more or less the same, but the service and atmosphere were not. We went a couple more times, but have now not been for a few years.

It is a good location in a Beauty Spot.

I have known The Bridge Inn from the age of around 5. I live in Lincoln now and when visiting my Father in Hackenthorpe and going to go out for lunch, I always suggested the pub. It certainly did use to be busy at lunchtimes and I usually phoned up to book a table to make sure. It was particularly pleasant during the winter with a real coal fire burning.

Some years ago when the Great Couple (The lady was Always on top of things and made you feel welcome) who had managed the place for years left, we went along one November day to see if it was the same. The first thing that we noticed on entering, was that there was no welcoming fire burning, which there would have been before. The Menu at that time was more or less the same, but the service and atmosphere were not. We went a couple more times, but have now not been for a few years.

It is a good location in a Beauty Spot, .. It's a shame! Bring Back The Real Fire In Winter! - Who agrees??

The real fire is on during the winter !!

As for atmosphere alot of people use The Bridge because it doesn't have the usual fruit machines, quiz machines and juke box ie a bit of peace and quiet over a pint!

Thanks for that, Frecheman. It's practically impossible to find a pub like this now. Having heard this, we'll certainly be giving the Bridge Inn a try.

Archived