This is a good one with a car dealer , need advise please

earlyer in the year my dad had an accident in his van someone run into the back of him and made some damage to the back of his x plate mazda b2500 crew cab pick up , the insurance company said for him to get it repaired and they would send a guy out to look at the work when it had been done

it needed a new rear valence and a new bumper bar and spraying up , £700 of work to be exact , my dad paid his exess and claimed it back as the accident wasnt his fault

he got the van back all happy and merry

NOW hes traded the van in for another simular l200 pick up and this was a month ago now and the dealer is ringing my dad up and saying the pick up was wrote off earlier this year as a cat c

this wasnt the case as the insurance company aviva paid up for the repairs

the dealer was threatening my dad to come up to his house and take the l200 back with some spare keys hes found

we have done a hpi on our phones with one of these text check things and the old pick up has come back as being a cat c pending vic check , so who is to blame there , it shouldnt have been a cat c and the insurance company are at fault or the dvla , the dealer should have done a hpi before the deal , but on my dads log book he gave the guy it wasnt marked as cat c , what a pickle ive told him to get some legal advice

what do you think

Archived