Vitamin B12 deficiency

Did you have all of the symptoms i am having now?

not all of them just

Feeling generally unwell

Fatigue/Tiredness

Headaches

Pins & Needles and Tingling.

Sore Mouth & Tongue

Chest Pains.

Shortness Of Breath.

Neck Pain/Pains in between my Shoulder Blades.

Back Pain.

Eye Pain.

I have all these symptoms, althoug they are getting slightly better now!

Was diagnosed with B12 defiency 6 months ago, i, like you thought and felt like i was dying, wasting away or something along those lines, I now take methyl b12 which you can order online at amazon or more expensively at bigvits,You cant overdose on it so you can quite happily cure yourself if doctors wont take you seriously.

Hope this helps

I know how you felt, I feel so out of it at the moment, I do genuinely feel like i am dying, I have a lot of symptoms that are really annoying me now and making things uncomfortable.

From my experience, my mother had this problem many years ago and treatment as improved dramatically over the years, so think positive.

Go and see your gastroenterologist, as he/she is the best person to ask. With B12 deficiency, I think I am right in saying that its not due to how much you are, or are not orally taking, but has something to to with an inability of the intestines to absorb B12 properly .. hence the B12 anemia or deficency.

It may also be linked to ulcerative colitis. I suggest you go onto a more bland diet (white bread no nuts etc) and discuss this with your doctor. Try not to worry because my sister has recently been diagnosed and there are tip top treatments these days; its a question of learning to manage it.

You're right, I think my problem is that my stomach is not absorbing it properly which could be due to something like Chrohn's Disease or some other stomach or bowel problem, I am due to see a Gastroentrologist soon so hopefully they can help me out with that.

Tablets haven't worked but hopefully the injections will.

I have been feeling unwell for a good few months now and have had several blood tests done but my B12 levels were only recently tested and i don't know how many of my symptoms that is causing because there could be something else going on as well but i won't know until i start having the B2 injections.

not all of them just

Feeling generally unwell

Fatigue/Tiredness

Headaches

Pins & Needles and Tingling.

Sore Mouth & Tongue

Chest Pains.

Shortness Of Breath.

Neck Pain/Pains in between my Shoulder Blades.

Back Pain.

Eye Pain.

These symptoms are very annoying, Having abdominal pains and cramps on top of that is even more uncomfortable and making life very unpleasant right now.

I decided to start taking 1,000ug B12 tablets 2 weeks ago but they have had no effect whatsoever but i don't think my stomach is absorbing them properly which is why i might not feel better until i start having the injections.

the tablets you buy from the chemists are a waste of money

BTW anybody know if pernicious anaemia sufferers are classed as disabled as this condition is as bad as ms i have been told

Edited by craigmason

I bought these from Holland & Barrett and they are high strength ones (1.000ug) and they were not cheap either around £10.

my doctor told me that as i used to take them when i was diagnosed.

As you stomach cannot absorb them thats why instead you go to your doctors to have the injection