Legends Sports Bar

boldforester

I'd just like to say a word in favour of this S6 institution. Will seem strange coming from a real ale fan & CAMRA member...but there's always a bottle of something to drink, good banter from the regulars and fantastic service with a smile from the lovely bar staff. I spent some time in Spain and it's a bit like a Spanish bar...no armchairs, just sport & drinking. Good luck to Legends!

It's also a hive of scum and villainy. There are far better boozers in the area.

That's a bit harsh. It's mainly full of old Wednesdayites having a quiet pint at various times of the day. If you just want a chat and a pint it has its merits. if you want real ale go to the Rawson.

I remember walking past the place on a night out with family, it was heaving with souls and appeared to be doing good trade. We returned from our meal out and the place was closed with blinds down, smashed glass all over the place ... All in all, a right state.

It seems to attract a certain type and not one which I'd choose to drink with. As I like proper beer and a reasonable atmosphere I'll go else where.

Archived