December 7th - will there be a run on the banks?

The banking system has brought many innocent individuals to their knees, did/do they care, ofcourse not, so why should we care if we do something just for 24hrs to kick them where it hurts. 90% of our money mite be lent out, but if we want it, they have to produce, albeit, notice being given for large withdrawals

The banking system collapses and we all starve!!! Grow up.

Heres me 50p worth :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that all the idiots planning on partaking in this stunt will, as well as withdrawing 'their money' thats in their bank accounts, also payback all their loans, outstanding credit card balances, mortgages etc that the banks have loaned to them (remember you're protesting about how the banks have lent irresponsibily so that must include what they've loaned to you too) - afterall the money you have borrowed from the banks is somebody elses deposits and they're gonna want their money back too at the same time you want yours :loopy:

All this stunt will do is cause chaos and disruption to the rest of us who understand that banks lend 'our money' out - believe it or not there isn't a massive basement under every bank stuffed full of £20 notes.

Things like this coupled with the stooopid hyped up media attention is what causes things like the forced HBOS takeover by LloydsTSB.

If you're not happy with what the banks are doing with 'your money' then you know what to do - take it out, stuff it in a shoe box and put it under your bed, cut up your credit cards, repay all your loans, c/cards, mortgages and leave the rest of us to do what we want with our money. :hihi:

Do the morons who came up with this worthless protest really think it is going to "kick them where it hurts". Its nearly as bad as the timewasters who do the capitalism protests every year.

If you really hate banks so much put all your money in a box under your bed with no direct debits, atm card, credit card, mortgage, savings, telephone or online transfers, cheque system and see how long you last in the modern world

Dont fancy that...... well its about time these people grow up.

Heres me 50p worth :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that all the idiots planning on partaking in this stunt will, as well as withdrawing 'their money' thats in their bank accounts, also payback all their loans, outstanding credit card balances, mortgages etc that the banks have loaned to them (remember you're protesting about how the banks have lent irresponsibily so that must include what they've loaned to you too) - afterall the money you have borrowed from the banks is somebody elses deposits and they're gonna want their money back too at the same time you want yours :loopy:

All this stunt will do is cause chaos and disruption to the rest of us who understand that banks lend 'our money' out - believe it or not there isn't a massive basement under every bank stuffed full of £20 notes.

Things like this coupled with the stooopid hyped up media attention is what causes things like the forced HBOS takeover by LloydsTSB.

If you're not happy with what the banks are doing with 'your money' then you know what to do - take it out, stuff it in a shoe box and put it under your bed, cut up your credit cards, repay all your loans, c/cards, mortgages and leave the rest of us to do what we want with our money. :hihi:

I dont have Direct Debits or credit cards, I pay the mortgage in cash at the branch, I dont use cheques, they will soon be defunct anyway, I can pay bills at paypoint, I am with an independant building society, cash is king guys, has the credit crunch taught people nothing, get rid of the cards

Do the morons who came up with this worthless protest really think it is going to "kick them where it hurts". Its nearly as bad as the timewasters who do the capitalism protests every year.

If you really hate banks so much put all your money in a box under your bed with no direct debits, atm card, credit card, mortgage, savings, telephone or online transfers, cheque system and see how long you last in the modern world

Dont fancy that...... well its about time these people grow up.

I'll ask the question again. For those who feel that protest against the banks is necessary what other ways of protesting are there?

Everybody knows the banks helped get us in this mess. Yet it's the public that are taking the hit. A message needs to be sent even if it doesn't do anything this time.

It sounds like a brilliant idea.

Queue outside a bank for a couple of hours (I don't suppose they will man to many windows). Draw out a load of cash and lose 90 days interest. Walk round town for a while carrying loads of cash and get mugged. Queue up outside a bank next day with any unplundered cash and stick it back in my account..

Do you know?.. I'll probably give this one a miss.

Not had any of my money in banks since 2007. They are all 'bent' and not getting my custom. Building societies / mutuals only for me.

I see it as win-win for the consumer. If they don't let you have YOUR money.....you have to ask yourself long and hard do you want to do business with them?

Archived