UK to offer £7bn loan to Eire

The claim of being skint was only a ruse the condems used to allow them to screw the poor

This, and the fact that people are being made scapegoats to ease through the economic cuts and to punish people it considers to be below them i.e. the vast majority of the UK public.

We all know Cameron has been globetrotting around the world lately to try and get countries to invest in the UK. Now, what is investment if it isn't a loan and wasn't Cameron moaning a while back about the previous government taking out loans?

India and Brazil I think it was...

Yes the BRIC countries some of the largest countries in the world with the most land and population, working force etc.

The least debt, best road and rail networks, highest number of mobile phones etc.

None of which have a currency included in the SDR.

This, and the fact that people are being made scapegoats to ease through the economic cuts and to punish people it considers to be below them i.e. the vast majority of the UK public.

We all know Cameron has been globetrotting around the world lately to try and get countries to invest in the UK. Now, what is investment if it isn't a loan and wasn't Cameron moaning a while back about the previous government taking out loans?

I think the difference is that he's trying to get people to invest in British companies..not just lend it to the government..

So we lend low interest rate money to Ireland and get it paid back at a higher rate of interest. It's good business isn't it?

"

Hang on. An £80M loan to Forgemasters is cancelled because "there just isn't any money" Cable/Clegg/Osborne

Where's £7B come from? What's the cost to public services, pay and pensions to fund this?

If the Irish loan is excellent business..... the Forgemasters loan would have been doubly so 'cos the UK government would have received the interest and Forgemasters could have established themselves as world leaders at a critical time........after all the private sector is expected to create a million new jobs

I think the difference is that he's trying to get people to invest in British companies..not just lend it to the government..

And was to investment mean? And no, I don't need any online definition quotes because I already know the answer as do you; it was a rhetorical question.

Hang on. An £80M loan to Forgemasters is cancelled because "there just isn't any money" Cable/Clegg/Osborne

Where's £7B come from? What's the cost to public services, pay and pensions to fund this?

If the Irish loan is excellent business..... the Forgemasters loan would have been doubly so 'cos the UK government would have received the interest and Forgemasters could have established themselves as world leaders at a critical time........after all the private sector is expected to create a million new jobs

Ahh, but the problem with forgemasters was never the lack of money it was always idealogical

Archived