BBC Panorama 22/11/10 - Muslims kids getting hate lessons in UK

Why is this 'Muslim bashing'? It's about extremist teaching, since when does that equate with 'Muslim bashing'? Perhaps we should just collectively bury our heads in the sand and pretend that anti-semitism and homophobia don't exist or that kids are not being indoctrinated with these hateful messages? We can all live in a fantasy world and kid oursleves that this is one big cosy place and we live in mutual harmony and tolerance.

The BBC is an organisation that is extremely sensitive to criticism of any aspect of the Islamic faith. It has censored its own material frequently in the past (especially after the 9/11 attacks) so as not to portray the faith in a bad light.

Now that it has, officially, declared 'open season' on Muslims I question why it has altered its policy? Nothing is as it seems with the public opinion manipulators at the BBC...

That's what I am refering to as well. That is the post this whole discussion revolves around. Maybe you're not pretending after all. :D

I didn't answer you question because I found it difficult to believe anyone could geuinely be so confused about something straight forward, but I'll tak your word for it and give you the answer you crave so much

What has that got to do with it? The point is that it is possible to comment that these threads become 'muzzie bashing' (yes, I know you didn't say it. It is a reference to post 2, around which our discussion revolves. Are you still with me?). The point of the post was to point out that yes, these threads do become 'muzzie bashing' and this was the first example of it, and that by saying so I am not apologising for hate preaching and neither was PT, as you asserted she was.

It wasn't the word 'muzzie' which I was claiming was offensive but the implication of the whole post, which is that all Muslims either are or support extremists:

The offensive part was where you called someone a redneck and call anyone that doesn't understand your point names

the poster did not claim all muslims were vile and violent, they were asking whether PT thought that we should not comment because they were muslims. You made that connection. I agree, if you mention anything bad about muslims you get called a racist and thats what bothers me!

I wasn't asserting that PT was apologising I was saying that PT was not accepting that this issue should not be ignored and dismissed as being "another muslim bashing" thread. Looking back I think dismissing it is as bad as apologising for it because it is really important.

It wasn't that hard to try and explain yourself was it?

The offensive part was where you called someone a redneck

the poster did not claim all muslims were vile and violent, they were asking whether PT thought that we should not comment because they were muslims. You made that connection. I agree, if you mention anything bad about muslims you get called a racist and thats what bothers me!

I wasn't asserting that PT was apologising I was saying that PT was not accepting that this issue should not be ignored and dismissed as being "another muslim bashing" thread. Looking back I think dismissing it is as bad as apologising for it because it is really important.

It wasn't that hard to try and explain yourself was it?

It was quite hard to gauge what level to pitch it at.

Whose called who a racist? Pointing out these threads become offensive is not the same as trying to shut down discussion or apologising for extremism.

There were a load of offensive posts removed last night and a poster was banned. Fairly predictable. It's not really a constructive discussion on Islamic extremism when most Muslims who might think about contributing are confronted with insults, up to and including incitement to attack them (removed last night) and on the other hand, a load of people such as yourself either ignoring or playing down this aspect of the 'discussion', so all you get left with is a load of people moaning about Muslims, based on media reports. Maybe if people like ourself wouldn't try and deny the bigotry which emerges on these threads, more people from Muslim backgrounds might be tempted to get involved in the discussion.

It was quite hard to gauge what level to pitch it at.

Whose called who a racist? Pointing out these threads become offensive is not the same as trying to shut down discussion or apologising for extremism.

There were a load of offensive posts removed last night and a poster was banned. Fairly predictable. It's not really a constructive discussion on Islamic extremism when most Muslims who might think about contributing are confronted with insults, up to and including incitement to attack them (removed last night) and on the other hand, a load of people such as yourself either ignoring or playing down this aspect of the 'discussion', so all you get left with is a load of people moaning about Muslims, based on media reports. Maybe if people like ourself wouldn't try and deny the bigotry which emerges on these threads, more people from Muslim backgrounds might be tempted to get involved in the discussion.

Racist..it must rank as the most misused word in the English language in this country

There were a load of offensive posts removed last night and a poster was banned. Fairly predictable. It's not really a constructive discussion on Islamic extremism when most Muslims who might think about contributing are confronted with insults, up to and including incitement to attack them (removed last night)

The BBC will be responsible if there are attacks upon ordinary Muslims, just going about their daily lives, as a result of their new policy change on how Islam is represented.

The BBC has been known for years to influence public attitudes towards various issues. It is a very powerful manipulator of opinion. Why has it now decided that Islam, and its followers, are soft targets to insult and abuse?

The BBC is an organisation that is extremely sensitive to criticism of any aspect of the Islamic faith. It has censored its own material frequently in the past (especially after the 9/11 attacks) so as not to portray the faith in a bad light.

Now that it has, officially, declared 'open season' on Muslims I question why it has altered its policy? Nothing is as it seems with the public opinion manipulators at the BBC...

There should be no censorship of anything which is in the public interest and this is a huge issue that I have about Islam in particular as we have already embarked on the road of censorship, self and otherwise.

Why does the broadcasting of this programme constitute 'open season' on Muslims? Why should negative aspects of the Islamic faith be censored?

The BBC will be responsible if there are attacks upon ordinary Muslims, just going about their daily lives, as a result of their new policy change on how Islam is represented.

The BBC has been known for years to influence public attitudes towards various issues. It is a very powerful manipulator of opinion. Why has it now decided that Islam, and its followers, are soft targets to insult and abuse?

No, the mindless idiotic morons that do it will be responsible.

Archived