BBC Panorama 22/11/10 - Muslims kids getting hate lessons in UK

It was quite hard to gauge what level to pitch it at.

Whose called who a racist? Pointing out these threads become offensive is not the same as trying to shut down discussion or apologising for extremism.

There were a load of offensive posts removed last night and a poster was banned. Fairly predictable. It's not really a constructive discussion on Islamic extremism when most Muslims who might think about contributing are confronted with insults, up to and including incitement to attack them (removed last night) and on the other hand, a load of people such as yourself either ignoring or playing down this aspect of the 'discussion', so all you get left with is a load of people moaning about Muslims, based on media reports. Maybe if people like ourself wouldn't try and deny the bigotry which emerges on these threads, more people from Muslim backgrounds might be tempted to get involved in the discussion.

And you are a very mature debater!

I think rather than dismiss all the bad things about religion, because of the views of the serial anti-muslim contingent, you should ignore them and have the discussion rather than dismissing the valid points.

We are talking about panorama here, not the Sun!

Also that wasn't what you were pointing out, you actually started by saying that the original poster was some kind of psychic for predicting that the apologists would come on

Finally I never denied any bigotry I just said the post you were pointing to wasn't that offensive, particularly compared to you calling someone a redneck.

Maybe if you and others like you didn't dismiss the issue none of the arguments would have occurred!

There should be no censorship of anything which is in the public interest and this is a huge issue that I have about Islam in particular as we have already embarked on the road of censorship, self and otherwise.

Why does the broadcasting of this programme constitute 'open season' on Muslims? Why should negative aspects of the Islamic faith be censored?

If this programme hadn't been on the bbc interviewer would have no view, seriously it isn't worth the effort!

..especially by those who suffer from a persecution complex.

If thats a dig at me ,I dont have any complexes,rather its the accusers who are,to put it quite bluntly,blinkered ignorant idiots

You seem to have some chip on your shoulder with your underlying comments on these threads..crafty but I for one have got you weighed up

If thats a dig at me ,I dont have any complexes,rather its the accusers who are,to put it quite bluntly,blinkered ignorant idiots

You seem to have some chip on your shoulder with your underlying comments on these threads..crafty but I for one have got you weighed up

we all got bf weighed up but its not a chip he got on his shoulder its the full chippy (sorry bf i couldnt resist):hihi:

we all got bf weighed up but its not a chip he got on his shoulder its the full chippy (sorry bf i couldnt resist):hihi:

Ironically I've openly admitted to being a racist, since I'm not immune from forming negative judgements about groups of people based solely on what they look like, doesn't make it right though and in acknowledging it I can do something about it, I think it's those who perpetually moan on about being described as racists who are in denial and shall remain chipped forever ;)

This thread is a classic case in point, where the totally legitimate concerns about a racist Islamic school have been hijacked by people with a wider agenda to justify their dislike of Muslims.

The BBC is an organisation that is extremely sensitive to criticism of any aspect of the Islamic faith. It has censored its own material frequently in the past (especially after the 9/11 attacks) so as not to portray the faith in a bad light.

Now that it has, officially, declared 'open season' on Muslims I question why it has altered its policy? Nothing is as it seems with the public opinion manipulators at the BBC...

It hasn't. It may have declared war on extremism, but that's not the same as declaring war on Islam.

If the Beeb had screened a program about how KKK schools preached hate, that would not be declaring war on Christianity. I wish people would realise that fundamentalism doesnt mean Islam, and that most Muslims are as far removed from fundamentalists as Christians are removed from the KKK.

If the Beeb had screened a program about how KKK schools preached hate, that would not be declaring war on Christianity. I wish people would realise that fundamentalism doesnt mean Islam, and that most Muslims are as far removed from fundamentalists as Christians are removed from the KKK.

I'm sure if such a programme were screened in Islamabad that a large number of Pakistanis would believe that the views expressed by the KKK represented those of white people and Christians generally.

Archived