New Sam Smiths Pub in Sheffield

mike84

Walking up Snig Hill today I noticed that the old "under the boardwalk" pub seems to be undergoing a refurb and signs in the windows seem to suggest that it will re-open as a Sam Smiths pub.

Does anyone have any info on this or heard anything about it? I wonder what type of customers will be attracted to the place once it's open...

Walking up Snig Hill today I noticed that the old "under the boardwalk" pub seems to be undergoing a refurb and signs in the windows seem to suggest that it will re-open as a Sam Smiths pub.

Does anyone have any info on this or heard anything about it? I wonder what type of customers will be attracted to the place once it's open...

People who know nothing about beer, presumably.

Sam Smiths pubs are a joke; their business model to me seems to be one of a continual aquisition of property while making a feeble attempt to run them as a public house.

They have no music and seem utterly lacking in atmosphere.

Their range of drinks is nothing to write home about.....all own branded stuff, even down to the crisps and nuts.

The landlords seemingly have no flexibility to run the pubs according to the area they are in and just have to pump out 'the company mantra' of keeping costs down and the drinks cheap.

Its not going to be a Sam Smiths pub - it used to be one years ago and the windows are still branded that way, probably considered 'a heritage feature'.

It was reported in the Sheffield Telegraph that the new owners of the Boardwalk are investing a load of money to increase the capacity of the music venue upstairs and reopen the downstairs bar as a seperate real ale pub.

Its not going to be a Sam Smiths pub - it used to be one years ago and the windows are still branded that way, probably considered 'a heritage feature'.

It was reported in the Sheffield Telegraph that the new owners of the Boardwalk are investing a load of money to increase the capacity of the music venue upstairs and reopen the downstairs bar as a seperate real ale pub.

It is a shame that it is not going to be a Samuel Smith's house, because their Real Ale is great.

Last time I had Sam Smiths must have been 30 years ago and it was dire,hence that long since supping it.

yes, obviously the drink now is the same as it was 30 years ago. suppose you are still supping cask tetleys and it is in superb condition? :loopy:

Archived