Benefit Cuts - an underhand way of hurting migrants by torys??

but no mention of what jobs are being taken...

It has been well documented that some employers will only employ none Brit labour because they work for below the recognised rates that were fought long and hard for, the cost of the products don't fall in line with the cheaper cost of labour.

My Wife worked in a post office, the biggest benefit packages she paid out each week were to ethnic minorities, fact.

doesnt it matter where the post office is?

i got £200 cash from the post office the other day for tax credits, the missus still has to cash her £400 one

My Wife worked in a post office, the biggest benefit packages she paid out each week were to ethnic minorities, fact.

In some areas that may be the case, but it isn't everywhere. I would expect that happens in some parts of Sheffield, but not in others. The queue in Hillsborough post office is usually enormous, but the great majority of people in the queue are local. You can tell by their accents. ;) I can't imagine too many immigrants or people from ethnic minorities claiming benefits in Crosspool, or in Dore either.

And were these claimants the same ones who were working for less than the minimum wage? You've confused me. :confused: On the one hand you're saying immigrants come here for benefits, and on the other to undercut British workers.

Some immigrants come here to work - if they are from outside the EU they need work permits, and these are being capped. Mostly they come to do professional level jobs and are unlikely to claim anything. EEC immigrants can come and go as they please, and have to fulfil strict criteria before they can claim any benefits. The same applies to us working in their countries.

And as for asylum seekers - a major problem is the delay in making decisions on their cases. Some are undoubtably genuine, and come here because of long held connections to England, because of the language, and the freedoms. Not just because they can get benefits. Having met quite a few, I'd say they are just like us. Most want to work, but aren't allowed whilst they are awaiting their decisions. Not a life we'd choose unless we were desperate.

And as for asylum seekers - a major problem is the delay in making decisions on their cases. Some are undoubtably genuine, and come here because of long held connections to England, .

None are genuine, asylum seekers go to the nearest safe country not the biggest soft touch.

Not one single asylum seeker comes from any of our surrounding countries therfore there are no genuine asylum seekers in the UK.

Does anyone know of and asylum seeker who got to the UK via a direct flight from their own country?

It has been well documented that some employers will only employ none Brit labour because they work for below the recognised rates that were fought long and hard for, the cost of the products don't fall in line with the cheaper cost of labour.

So what you've got is benefit fraud (and only anecdotes) and some vague 'some companies only employ foreigners'.

So you've not shown that they are both taking benefits and jobs at all. In fact we can extrapolate from your benefit fraud angle that most immigrants aren't claiming any benefits...

Immigrants certainly fill some jobs, I don't know what these recognised rates are, maybe you mean union wage fixing... But they are prepared to work, they pay their tax and they spend the money again. All good for the economy. And nothing stops a local from working for the same rate, but some would rather moan about the immigrants and sit unemployed!

Archived