Benefit Cuts - an underhand way of hurting migrants by torys??

It is of course highly unlikely that an asylum seeker, or economic migrant, would end up filling that particular job.

However, if we have a couple of million people out of work, and we're short of suitable housing by hunderds of thousands, not to mention other publci resourses and services, then allowing 10,000 more people into the country can only make both problems worse by 10,000. But it's not just 10,000, official net immigration still stands at 250,000 - and that's only the ones the government knows about.

The maths is simple enough; 10,000 more immigrants is 10,000 more jobs needed and homes needed, which we do not have - somebody British loses out for each immigrant we allow in.

you mean like these,

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/british_shipbuilders_axed_because_poles.html

You clearly no absolutely nothing about this subject. I doubt that the UK has accepted that many asylum seekers in it's history. Did you look at any of the figures earlier on?

Maybe you're another one who doesn't know the difference between immigrant and asylum seeker, eh?

Here is the article I was quoting:Asylum Seekers (Control of Immigration) ref: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=261

I may well be mistaken on the number of British Citizenship's handed out to asylum seekers as the article does not who was given British Citizenship. But as the figure is under the article entitled Asylum Seekers, you can see connection.

And slightly higher up the same page it tells you that there were 25k applications of which 70% were refused.

The citizenship section is the total, not only of those granted asylum. I'm not entirely sure if this says

The provisional total number of citizenship decisions made in 2008 was 138,780, a decrease of 23 per cent compared to 2007 (180,265).

How many positive decisions were made or just how many decisions were made! And you cherry picked the 2007 data rather than the most recent (still 2 years out of date) where the rate was falling rapidly...

And slightly higher up the same page it tells you that there were 25k applications of which 70% were refused.

The citizenship section is the total, not only of those granted asylum. I'm not entirely sure if this says

How many positive decisions were made or just how many decisions were made! And you cherry picked the 2007 data rather than the most recent (still 2 years out of date) where the rate was falling rapidly...

But you are only looking at one year at a time. An asylum seeker can be granted permission to stay and then years later apply for citizenship, therefore any number can apply year on year and that number is not restricted by that years intake.

i wonder if the page has stopped being updated because they dont know how many there is in the country :huh::hihi:

No, most published data is several year behind. They clearly can't publish anything for 2010 since it isn't even over, so it's only 2009 that isn't published yet.

Archived