Trouble brewing in Korea

RT (Russia Today) is saying that S Korea has admitted that they fired shells (in the other direction) just before N Korea fired.

BBC still not carrying it?

Anyone seen anything more about this? The news outlets I have been reading from only mention that South Korea was engaged in maritime exercises near the boarder that North Korea may have mistaken as some sort of attack.

RT (Russia Today) is saying that S Korea has admitted that they fired shells (in the other direction) just before N Korea fired.

BBC still not carrying it?

Anyone seen anything more about this? The news outlets I have been reading from only mention that South Korea was engaged in maritime exercises near the boarder that North Korea may have mistaken as some sort of attack.

The BBC mentioned this this afternoon.

South Korea was carrying out a Military Exercise in a disputed area an act of provocation?

South Korea was carrying out a Military Exercise in a disputed area an act of provocation?

What I have read indicates that the South Korean government told the North Korean government in advance that there would be exercises going on in the area so NK knew there was not an attack imminent.

What I have read indicates that the South Korean government told the North Korean government in advance that there would be exercises going on in the area so NK knew there was not an attack imminent.

I can only assume they told them and even if they didn't, it's still not worthy of the response.

N Korea want a reaction, then they'll have a reason to condone their probable next action. Remind you of anybody?

Trouble brewing in Korea

Oh no, more asylum seekers and refugees.:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Yup, from what I heard on the news, the conclusion is that the North Koreans made a catastrophic mistake, thinking that a contained and respectful S. Korean naval and air exercise conducted to the highest standards was more than 50 miles N. of where it actually was located; it is only to be expected of a nation such as N. Korea which still relies on a domestic GPS network consisting of a broken sextant, two tin cans and a very large ball of string!:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived