The Man of the house.

Reverse psychology! .... That's what I use!

My OH is a psychologist but I run rings around her in the brain department!

Let her think she's the boss and use it to manipulate!

Make a list of the chores you're intending to do round the house before starting on the first one.

Eg ... Say you want to do the pots. Stick everything in the sink in a great big pile so you can't really get any water in and pick a mangy old pan scrubber that she knows you've used to clean skid marks out of the bog. 'leave that to me' she'll say in a condecending way thinking she's got one over on you!...

'Go and vacuum instead'. At this point the vacuum comes out and I start vacuuming around all the plates and detritus from the night before. 'Oh leave that sweetheart', I'll do it .... RESULT!. She's just unwittingly volounteered to do all the vacuuming and tidy everything up beforehand!

At his point the mastercard comes into play:

'Whilst you're busy doing all that, I'll just make lovely scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast ... how do I make them as well as you do?' I say.

'Leave that to me Hun, I'm busy in the kitchen at the mo doing the pots and I make them better than you anyway' ... RESULT! 'OK ... I'll try to fix the TV recorder as I don't think it recorded Top Gear properly last night ?' I say.

'Oh that would be good, I don't understand all that technical stuff ... do you want a coffee whilst you're doing it?' ...RESULT!

I get to sit down in my nice clean room watching last nights 'Top gear' with a lovely breakfast whilst everythings being done for me! ... OH thinks Ive been trying really hard because of my list of chores but secretly thinks she's the boss!

:thumbsup::D

Reverse psychology! .... That's what I use!

My OH is a psychologist but I run rings around her in the brain department!

Let her think she's the boss and use it to manipulate!

Make a list of the chores you're intending to do round the house before starting on the first one.

Eg ... Say you want to do the pots. Stick everything in the sink in a great big pile so you can't really get any water in and pick a mangy old pan scrubber that she knows you've used to clean skid marks out of the bog. 'leave that to me' she'll say in a condecending way thinking she's got one over on you!...

'Go and vacuum instead'. At this point the vacuum comes out and I start vacuuming around all the plates and detritus from the night before. 'Oh leave that sweetheart', I'll do it .... RESULT!. She's just unwittingly volounteered to do all the vacuuming and tidy everything up beforehand!

At his point the mastercard comes into play:

'Whilst you're busy doing all that, I'll just make lovely scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast ... how do I make them as well as you do?' I say.

'Leave that to me Hun, I'm busy in the kitchen at the mo doing the pots and I make them better than you anyway' ... RESULT! 'OK ... I'll try to fix the TV recorder as I don't think it recorded Top Gear properly last night ?' I say.

'Oh that would be good, I don't understand all that technical stuff ... do you want a coffee whilst you're doing it?' ...RESULT!

I get to sit down in my nice clean room watching last nights 'Top gear' with a lovely breakfast whilst everythings being done for me! ... OH thinks Ive been trying really hard because of my list of chores but secretly thinks she's the boss!

:thumbsup::D

You know if you put all that energy into the actual chores, you'd have a lot more free time.:suspect:

Archived