Goodbye Sheffield nightlife.

clubfut

Ok - the bit I'm not clear is why you believe the council, police etc have acted like they have towards Niche?

Do you not accept that there were more incidents around Niche in its history than any other venue in town?

and if you think all these incidents have all been made up - why do you think that is the case?

There are a lot of Police lies and I would hope that the Licensing sub committee would see through them.

But, no, they wait for the police to DECIDE which club/s THEY want to request reviewing by the Licencing sub committee. (They cherry pick)

There had NOT been more serious crimes outside Niche and Empire, than what has occurred outside DQ, Nocturnal and Alibi, since Niche shut it's doors.

But, have the police requested a review of these three other clubs to the Licensing sub committee?

The police DO NOT like "Bassline" FACT And they will do anything within their power to snuff it out in this city.

There had NOT been more serious crimes outside Niche and Empire, that has occurred outside DQ, Nocturnal and Alibi, since Niche was shut it's doors.

Well the evidence would seem to contradict what you believe - but its obviously pointless arguing as you seem to genuinely believe THE MAN has just picked on Niche as they dont like bassline...

Well the evidence would seem to contradict what you believe - but it obviously pointless arguing as you seem to genuinely believe THE MAN has just picked on Niche as they dont like bassline...

Well, you point to a DEATH attributed to Niche, EVEN Vibe or Empire on CHARTER ROW. Go on, cos you will not find one FACT

Well, you point to a DEATH attributed to Niche, EVEN Vibe or Empire on CHARTER ROW. Go on, cos you will not find one FACT

I'm no expert - but wasnt one of the Baxendales murdered outside Niche? I know there's been plenty of stabbings outside Niche (a mate was on jury duty for one & there was another niche case going on in the same court)... there's been no end of SERIOUS cases involving the (a small minority) of the crowd Niche attracts.. er.. FACT.. which is why there were the restrictions..

I dont think it's because the police or council are all down with house or grime or heavy metal rather than bassline...

In 2005..."After its closure, Niche became the club that must not be named. Steve Baxendale was told by the police not to use the name Niche, book the same DJs, or even play the same music. It’s clear that in the mind of the police, there was an explicit association between the music itself - apparently down to its audible characteristics - and criminal activity. And so, South Yorkshire police began a battle not against people or particular establishments, but a genre of music. Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime. This raises the interesting proposition that someone somewhere in the police had a definition of bassline and was prepared to enforce it, reminiscent of the deliberately non-repetitive Anti EP by Autechre, which advised DJs to “have a lawyer and a musicologist present at all times to confirm the non repetitive nature of the music in the event of police harassment.” http://www.articlemagazine.co.uk/uncategorized/niche-the-safest-club-in-britain/

I'm no expert - but wasnt one of the Baxendales murdered outside Niche? I know there's been plenty of stabbings outside Niche (a mate was on jury duty for one & there was another niche case going on in the same court)... there's been no end of SERIOUS cases involving the (a small minority) of the crowd Niche attracts.. er.. FACT.. which is why there were the restrictions..

I dont think it's because the police or council are all down with house or grime or heavy metal rather than bassline...

If you read my post correctly, I made it clear that I was referring to Niche on Charter Row/Square.

In 2005..."After its closure, Niche became the club that must not be named. Steve Baxendale was told by the police not to use the name Niche, book the same DJs, or even play the same music. It’s clear that in the mind of the police, there was an explicit association between the music itself - apparently down to its audible characteristics - and criminal activity. And so, South Yorkshire police began a battle not against people or particular establishments, but a genre of music. Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime. This raises the interesting proposition that someone somewhere in the police had a definition of bassline and was prepared to enforce it, reminiscent of the deliberately non-repetitive Anti EP by Autechre, which advised DJs to “have a lawyer and a musicologist present at all times to confirm the non repetitive nature of the music in the event of police harassment.” http://www.articlemagazine.co.uk/uncategorized/niche-the-safest-club-in-britain/

well maybe they have a point if bassline at niche attracts that much trouble?

Archived