Goodbye Sheffield nightlife.

clubfut

The Empire license review was due to be heard this morning by the Licensing sub-committee. I was not required to be a member of the licensing sub-committee today and do not know what the outcome of the review as I type this.

I NEVER said John Lewis hated Niche, what i said was that the area of Charter Square is being re-developed. Niche has gone, so have BT above them and Scores Bar have about another year before their lease expires and Nocturnal will be gone too as that block is coming down, so i've heard.

You do know that these buildings were scheduled to be demolished last year, or the year before?

I decided not to go to the Licence sub committee meeting as I thought it was a very delicate situation and the defence might not appreciate "gawpers" in the gallery.

Steve Baxendale allegedly successfully sued The Sheffield Star a few years back and that is why the paper prints police lies against his club.I NEVER said John Lewis hated Niche, what i said was that the area of Charter Square is being re-developed. Niche has gone, so have BT above them and Scores Bar have about another year before their lease expires and Nocturnal will be gone too as that block is coming down, so i've heard.

If they are lies and half truths surely he should sue them again?

So you're saying that all the other clubs in Sheffield got together to stir up all the trouble around Niche - then grass them up to the Police?

Its one view I suppose...

I'd be very surprised if MoS made "millions" from a couple of compilation CDs.. There's no doubt that the Sheffield mutation of speed garage was a significant regional sub-genre - but I really think you'd be struggling to call it the biggest music phenomenon of its era..

300,000 copies was reported by hmv sales and baxendale got 2 gold discs plus ten%of sales + royalties of 10,000k every 3 months ,now thats from companies house records so top that one,mr

300,000 copies was reported by hmv sales and baxendale got 2 gold discs plus ten%of sales + royalties of 10,000k every 3 months ,now thats from companies house records so top that one,mr

You would not make "millions" off 300,00 sales... I'm quite prepared to believe he got 10% of royalties or a similar deal - I'd be amazed if he got 10% of sales - as no one - not even Michael Jackson/The Beatles/U2 get 10% of sales.

If he got £10k ( I assume its £10k he got and not £10,000K ie £1,000,000) every 3 months - thats £40k per year which sounds more realistic for selling the rights to a big selling dance CD.

The genre does lose it's underground vibe when it's selling it's CDs in Sainsbury's.

You would not make "millions" off 300,00 sales... I'm quite prepared to believe he got 10% of royalties or a similar deal - I'd be amazed if he got 10% of sales - as no one - not even Michael Jackson/The Beatles/U2 get 10% of sales.

If he got £10k ( I assume its £10k he got and not £10,000K ie £1,000,000) every 3 months - thats £40k per year which sounds more realistic for selling the rights to a big selling dance CD.

300,000 sales at £14.00 hhmmmm add that up

Archived