Goodbye Sheffield nightlife.

clubfut

I'm going to put one point to the Niche 'haters'. When the club had it's grand re-opening last year, we had people ringing up and booking tickets from as far as the likes of Thailand and Dubai. How many other clubs in the country do you know that would pull such an audience? I can count them on one hand, and the authorities in Sheffield (in their infinite wisdom) have just lost our city one of them.

All very well and good - but are you denying that Niche attracted more trouble than any other venue in Sheffield? personally i'd just have given them a venue on the edge of the city where they could get on with it without troubling anyone else...

i read a lot of comments from mr baxendale the owner of niche ,on face book ,if you ask me he stood up to all these thugs and the trouble they had was always outside where he got no support from the police ,so he used the old fashioned way and dished it out back to the mindless idiots ,thats why the police didnt want him operating because the thugs would report him because they couldnt beat him ,now where are they ,all over town causing mayhem,if you ask me he should be elected the town troubleshooter as he ,s got more guts than the police and the council ,who havent got a clue what to do ,he says sheff will soon be a ghost town and i for one agree

been there a good few times, on one occasion one of my friends got his chain snapped off his neck in the gents toilet or should i say got it snatched off him in the smoking room,you could see the smoke funneling out everytime the door opened and the doorstaff stood almost outside the door did nothing lol, that place was a joke

i read a lot of comments from mr baxendale the owner of niche ,on face book ,if you ask me he stood up to all these thugs and the trouble they had was always outside where he got no support from the police ,so he used the old fashioned way and dished it out back to the mindless idiots ,thats why the police didnt want him operating because the thugs would report him because they couldnt beat him ,now where are they ,all over town causing mayhem,if you ask me he should be elected the town troubleshooter as he ,s got more guts than the police and the council ,who havent got a clue what to do ,he says sheff will soon be a ghost town and i for one agree

Alas someone agrees with me!!!

been there a good few times, on one occasion one of my friends got his chain snapped off his neck in the gents toilet or should i say got it snatched off him in the smoking room,you could see the smoke funneling out everytime the door opened and the doorstaff stood almost outside the door did nothing lol, that place was a joke

If the place was such a joke, why go there a "good few times" HYPOCRYTE

• 2 weeks later...
All very well and good - but are you denying that Niche attracted more trouble than any other venue in Sheffield? personally i'd just have given them a venue on the edge of the city where they could get on with it without troubling anyone else...

Other venues around Sheffield saw just as much trouble as Niche, some saw more. The difference is that they're not underground venues, so when something does happen, it's swiftly forgotten about. How about DQ recently? A serious incident occurring outside resulting in a man being beaten to death. A bit more commercial than Niche though so I guess it's all fine and dandy. Open again within week.

Other venues around Sheffield saw just as much trouble as Niche, some saw more..

Sorry - thats just not true.. there will be odd one off incidents at/outside other venues- but nothing like the catalogue of incidents that niche has attracted.. a mate was on jury duty a few years ago dealing with a stabbing outside niche (in its short lived limit incarnation) - in the court at the same time was another case from the same weekend the summer before involving another armed attack involving niche goers.. you must know yourself how many incidents there've been over the years... i'm sure its the last thing the owners want - but for whatever reason - niche has always attracted a lot of undesirables as well as the folk who just want a good time..

sheffield nightlife died ages ago.... Gatecrasher got burnt down sheffield nightlife instantly died..... DQ is the closest replacement and i havnt had a bad night in there yet.... embrace really is just for chavs these days but you cant blame embrace for letting them all in because chavs no longer have anywhere else to go.. and embrace are luvin the money coming there way.. since niche went.. all in my opinion obviously not exact facts

Archived