Goodbye Sheffield nightlife.

clubfut

If the place was such a joke, why go there a "good few times" HYPOCRYTE
ok, lets say your out with 7 or 8 mates having a good time, laughing and joking they all like that niche rubbish, i think oh no im going be a mardy sod and go elsewhere on my own or shall i be a hypocryte and enjoy a night with my mates, the joke about that place is, if you get to know the doorstaff well you get in for nothing and can pretty well do anything you want, and thats why its a joke pal.

I think the question should be...Why was he wearing a chain?

Did it match the oddly balanced baseball cap and fake burberry?

ahh your trying to pigeon hole my friend into a typical stereotype sorry my friend but he has a good job and owns his own house.

so people arnt allowed to wear chains in your world are they? at the end of the day anything with a glint of gold on it would have been robbed off him if he hadnt run out the door

I think the question should be...Why was he wearing a chain?

Did it match the oddly balanced baseball cap and fake burberry?

No caps were allowed to be worn in Niche BTW. And they had other strict dress code rules too!

...the joke about that place is, if you get to know the doorstaff well you get in for nothing and can pretty well do anything you want, and thats why its a joke pal.

The ONLY person that would allow you FREE entry was the owner and even then you most certainly still had to be metal detectored etc to gain entry! And No, you pretty well could NOT do anything you wanted. No-one ruled Niche, except the security, who took their orders off their boss!!! The BEST HARD WORKING SECURITY i have EVER come across!!!

Erm, no nothing upmarket about DQ. Last time I went in was my last time Guys on LSD & like some mad rave from the 90's ,. right down to skinny guys raving away with Bi smileys on their t-shirts-- somebodies shringe got a bit too much near me for my liking, so that was that. Total rave LSD cattle market, students think all sorts of steaming piles of crap as the new "cool". Well,. good for them, stay there at DQ's & out of the way the bars that I like some peace n quiet in!!

I remember when Empire- was- Empire. good old days. then i went about a year later took a new friend I had, where the bouncer actually told us to turn away & not go in..Unless I wanted to come out in a Body Bag. I asked why & just repeated was full of the BBC. at the time i hadn't a clue so had to do my research when I got home what the hell BBC was *Yes, i didn't go in. When a bouncer & doorstaff turn you away from making door entrance charges on that account, i thought it best to leave it *

Ahh so many crapholes around sheff now totally not like it used to be, its down in the bottom & I can't see why anoybody from any other city would come here except

Erm, no nothing upmarket about DQ. Last time I went in was my last time Guys on LSD & like some mad rave from the 90's ,. right down to skinny guys raving away with Bi smileys on their t-shirts-- somebodies shringe got a bit too much near me for my liking, so that was that. Total rave LSD cattle market, students think all sorts of steaming piles of crap as the new "cool". Well,. good for them, stay there at DQ's & out of the way the bars that I like some peace n quiet in!!

err.. are you sure? First time i've heard of DQ as being full of folk on acid..

:?

Sorry - thats just not true.. there will be odd one off incidents at/outside other venues- but nothing like the catalogue of incidents that niche has attracted.. a mate was on jury duty a few years ago dealing with a stabbing outside niche (in its short lived limit incarnation) - in the court at the same time was another case from the same weekend the summer before involving another armed attack involving niche goers.. you must know yourself how many incidents there've been over the years... i'm sure its the last thing the owners want - but for whatever reason - niche has always attracted a lot of undesirables as well as the folk who just want a good time..

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Man-26-dies-after-attack.6673080.jp

Man dies after being attacked outside the Alibi Bar last weekend. Maybe they need a membership scheme? Or would it be better just to swiftly sweep this one under the carpet? I rest my case.

My thoughts go out to the family of the victim.

Archived