Rounders Players pre 1981 Anyone?

exhatter

Anyone play for the Hillsborogh Allstars mixed rounders in 80. We won every cup possible that year. National, Yorkshire, Sheffield etc

We had Linda, Wendy Sandy Sue and Jill make up the ladies.

Mick & Dave & Lol in the field covering the bases. David bowled and Graham backstopped...remember the song?

Originally posted by exhatter

Anyone play for the Hillsborogh Allstars mixed rounders in 80. We won every cup possible that year.

You did'nt win the Radio Sheffield "Bold as brass" cup.:nono:

Mind you, it was for brass bands and not rounders teams.

no, didn't win that one. We played at Concord park a lot.

I also played basketball with the Sheff Hatters for 6 or7 yrs. Betty Cododna was the coach and her kids Lorraine & Vanessa Ellis played too Ann Skelton, Lorraine Morris, and a lot of faces I remember but no names are coming back

I played Rounders for St Thomas More's Junior school, and in 1966 we won the Ecclesfield and district cup - despite being the smallest of the ten schools taking part.

We beat Lound in the final

Team was:

Steve Bush (Captain), Patrick Crowley, Myron Abramuick, Tommy Glaves, Philip Heath, Chris Talbot

Brigid Heath, Angela Castleton, Angela Benjamin, Sharon Burns, Gillian Wrigglesworth, Susan Liko

The team foto, with the trophy, was published in The Star, and appeared again recently on the school's 50th anniversary, on the Saturday Night Nostalgia page

In Bill Byson's book, "Made in America", he documents that Baseball is actually older than Rounders! Tough to believe isn't it?

• 2 years later...

ok So i am an exhatter too, which one are you.

no, didn't win that one. We played at Concord park a lot.

I also played basketball with the Sheff Hatters for 6 or7 yrs. Betty Cododna was the coach and her kids Lorraine & Vanessa Ellis played too Ann Skelton, Lorraine Morris, and a lot of faces I remember but no names are coming back

• 9 months later...

The American game of baseball is not the same as the one recorded in the 1640s which Bryson refers to this was Rounders where you ran round 4 Bases, I have copy of a woodcut showing the pitch I also have a book of rules which shows Rounders then Rounders Baseball then Baseball. Guess who wanted to buy it from me? I have a medal for top scorer at rounders from 1890 in the Newsham League

If anyone has any old memorabilia we at Rounders England could give it a good home in our National Office.

A Cavalier who was part of the team that won everything in the 1970s

Archived