Battery bananas bonkers

Why do people spend a fortune on extended life batteries when you can just buy rechargeable ones? I've got loads of stuff that runs off batteries (don't go there... smutty!) and when they run out I just replace them with recharged ones practically for free? I'm just asking this after seeing an ad on telly for Duracell batteries that show you how much power they have left ... seems pretty pointless to me. :huh::)

In all honesty who's going to save their duds 'till they get a tonne of them?

They'd take up the living room! :loopy::)

Ah, But all these 'doo gooding' bins you see in stores will get shipped to those that buy 'em. GP Batt actually charge large users of batteries for the hire of containers, charge for the disposal and then profit from the disposal .... Fair play to 'em.

Why do people spend a fortune on extended life batteries when you can just buy rechargeable ones? I've got loads of stuff that runs off batteries (don't go there... smutty!) and when they run out I just replace them with recharged ones practically for free? I'm just asking this after seeing an ad on telly for Duracell batteries that show you how much power they have left ... seems pretty pointless to me. :huh::)

Rechargables are crap for high drain applications as they hold less capacity than standard ones.

You can buy high capacity ones (1800mha i think is the highest) but even they are pretty sucky and need regular recharging.

Rechargables are crap for high drain applications as they hold less capacity than standard ones.

You can buy high capacity ones (1800mha i think is the highest) but even they are pretty sucky and need regular recharging.

My camera gets through batteries pretty quickly so I just carry a spare recharged set - they're virtually free and can be re-used.:)

What do you consider a high drain application is?

2850 mAh AA batts are available now but you really need an 'intelligent' charger to get the best out of NiMH batteries, and that will set you back about £30.

Archived