Battery bananas bonkers

I was aware you can make a battery out of potatos and oranges, so a pear doesn't surprise me! Not too sure about dragging around a supermarket trolley full of fruit up the side of a mountain to enable your camera to take a piccy of 'sunrise over the fells' would catch on though! :D

My camera gets through batteries pretty quickly so I just carry a spare recharged set - they're virtually free and can be re-used.:)

What do you consider a high drain application is?

Digital cameras,

Portable media players

Vibrators

Mp3 players

Sony PSP

Portable dvd players

anything like that really.

I used to use them in my wireless mics, but the problem with rechargaeable ones is that once they are empty, thats it, they stop. Someone could be singing quite merrily and then the mic just cuts out. At least with Duracell once they start running out, the power gradually dies out over time so you just have to turn up the mixer a bit to compensate and then change them when you are ready.

I used to use rechargeable in my cassette walkman when I was a teenager in the 80s. They were the bees knees then.

My camera gets through batteries pretty quickly so I just carry a spare recharged set - they're virtually free and can be re-used.:)

Rechargable batteries last about thirty seconds in our camera. It would be a waste of time bothering to carry them around. A spare set of Duracells will, at least, give us ten minutes or so.

Rechargable batteries last about thirty seconds in our camera. It would be a waste of time bothering to carry them around. A spare set of Duracells will, at least, give us ten minutes or so.

Jeez ! ... what kind of camera are you using? You're not Peter Jackson are you? :o:D

Archived