Narrow minded people

Are disabled sports a sport?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are disabled sports a sport?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know

However one of his so called friends has had a bit of a go at him telling him that the sport he was awarded it for isnt a sport and that it is just a 'thing for disabled people to do', and this has upset him and me immensley.

Hope you dont mind but I had a chuckle at that lolliew :hihi:

Your son's friend must have a terrible inferiority complex if he feels that way although he did construct his criticism well and in a way to guarantee maximum impact!

Of course it's a proper sport, next time he mentions it tell your son to give up his wheelchair and let the idiot have a go at it himself :thumbsup:

Hey! ... look on the bright side!

It's obvious from the posts here what the answer is. You're rightly proud of your son and I'm sure most people will be rooting for him! The person with the problem here is the detractor, maybe out of jealousy. Take no notice! ;)

thanks so much everyone. and i dont mind you having a bit of a laugh boyfriday.

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however small minded i think it is.

When my son comes home from school i will show him what people really think.

Its always the same, no matter how many say 'great' it only takes one negative comment to stick with you and its that, that you remember.

He has challenged the 'mate' to come and have a go - we will have to wait and see if he is up for it.

Thanks again xxx

Hi

My son was awarded a sports award last night from his school. I am immensely proud of him

However one of his so called friends has had a bit of a go at him telling him that the sport he was awarded it for isnt a sport and that it is just a 'thing for disabled people to do', and this has upset him and me immensley.

QUOTE]

True friends will never pull you down. Ditch that deadwood!

Well done to your son for gaining the award. You should be very proud of his sporting achievement.

Archived