Students protesting again.

Are the proposals as bad as people are thinking? I've been paying interest on my Student Loan since I graduated. Under new proposals you won't pay any interest until you earn £21k and only then have to start paying anything back. Most universities won't be allowed to charge the £9k everyone is quoting.

In most cases the fees will still be paid by the student loan. I bet a lot of people are actually going to be better of than they would be currently. Plus the people who earn much more will pay a higher rate of interest. Seems pretty fair.

The real culprit behind all this fiasco is Tony Blair who amongst other things he got horrendously wrong was the education for all brainwave without a clue who would pay for it all! I feel sorry for students who have been led down the garden path of mainly useless higher education for at least 50% of student numbers,with promises of higher wages and prospects.

Lets face it,those days are fast disappearing as the economy slides into further recession,time for students to take stock like the rest of us and ask themselves do they really need a piece of paper to get a job anymore.After all most have just been through 11 to 13 years of free education so maybe time to pay your way in the future.

The fact that past generations were not charged to go to university is no longer a valid argument in these times.Times have altered and a much tougher future faces all of us.

I also think that if Clegg had chose to get into bed with Labour we would not be seeing the anarchy witnessed today,as Labour would just keep borrowing to remain popular with the mass vote,thus getting us deeper into debt.

Students will have to learn to take it on the chin like the rest of us,otherwise they could cause an angry backlash against themselves by millions who have little sympathy because they are suffering worse themselves!......Students are not a special case any longer.

mmmmmmmmmmmm........... something tells me you don't like the idea of people getting an education!

Or they know any actual students?

All the people i know who put in solid working day hours at uni, now have decent jobs or have creating their own successful business'. We're not all slackers...

Or they know any actual students?

All the people i know who put in solid working day hours at uni, now have decent jobs or have creating their own successful business'. We're not all slackers...

All the students I know worked hard too. Many of them worked several different bar jobs at the same time as studying. Don't get me wrong, they partied hard too! You are only young once, why can't students have a good time while they are at Uni??

Archived