If football clubs have to pay for policing why not march organisers?

Tony

Send 'em a bill  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Send 'em a bill

• Yes
    • No

I'd be all for this idea if the police weren't the way that they are.

The problem is the way protests are policed in this country is an absolute joke.

Protesters should not have to pay the police to beat them up and get kettled in, that is ridiculous.

Perhaps if the police were providing a service and actually making things safer instead of being violent and deliberately antagonistic then I would agree with the OP.

How are they supposed to deal with rioters mixed in with protesters. Do you think they should be allowed along their merry way destroying and vandalising anything they please. Protest or not, that's illegal and will cost us all.

P.S. They didn't get kettled in until the trouble started!

How are they supposed to deal with rioters mixed in with protesters. Do you think they should be allowed along their merry way destroying and vandalising anything they please. Protest or not, that's illegal and will cost us all.

Stop their overtime payments? :|

What's dignified and wise about throwing away your hard won freedoms and rights?
Who is throwing away rights? I want to right to be able to talk to my MP, take out an advert, or vent an opinion as I see fit - I do not want the right to mob rule.

Then the police and authorities did a shockingly poor job, failing in their duty of care, and as such should be liable for the full cost of the damage.
And how do you work that out - should Police presence instantly turn rioters into model citizens?

Who is throwing away rights? I want to right to be able to talk to my MP, take out an advert, or vent an opinion as I see fit - I do not want the right to mob rule.

A lot of the protesters were absolutely peaceful!

A protest is ideal to raise awareness of a situation!

I wasn't talking about specific cases, I was responding to the OP.

I think there needs to be some drastic changes in the way protests are policed.

They treat peace demonstrators like football hooligans, its ridiculous.

I wasn't talking about specific cases, I was responding to the OP.

I think there needs to be some drastic changes in the way protests are policed.

They treat peace demonstrators like football hooligans, its ridiculous.

No they don't use drastic measures to start with, only when it actually needs policing...

There has been many peaceful protests over the last number of years where there has been a police presence and no intervention, because it wasn't required.

Let's no throw the baby out with the bath water.

Try: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/

Archived