Nick Clegg's Pledge

He hasn't broken the pledge. There has been no vote in Parliament as any chump should know.

He effectively has broken his pledge. By his actions he has made the implementation of the policy possible. Splitting hairs may make you feel better, but it doesn't change the facts of the case.

I'll bring this thread up again after the vote, and look forward to reading your contributions at that time.

Ah, so your saying now that he hasn't broken his pledge?

You seem to be the only person in Britain, including Nick Clegg, who believes he hasn't.

Very well then. He hasn't. He's still going to vote against any raising of the cap, as per his pledge, promise, bare faced lie, you tube plea to students to vote for him.

Why not revisit this thread after the vote and we can see who was right.

"We will resist, vote against, campaign against, any lifting of that cap"

That's what he said. It's a quote. From him. I can't fathom out why you think he is still resisting and campaigning against the lifting of the cap. I'll grant you he hasn't voted for the lifting of the cap yet...but he will do.

That's what he said. It's a quote. From him. I can't fathom out why you think he is still resisting and campaigning against the lifting of the cap. I'll grant you he hasn't voted for the lifting of the cap yet...but he will do.

That's not the pledge. You were very keen on the semantics in post #21 and #26 so it's only right and proper that I should be too.

But on the plus side at least you have now agreed that he hasn't broken the pledge.

Jelly or loaf?

But on the plus side at least you have now agreed that he hasn't broken the pledge.

Yeah, he's really stuck to his principles hasn't he!! Man of his word, our Nick...

For the last time before I hit the sack, he effectively has broken his pledge. He admits it and Vince admits it. There is possibly only one person left in the country who still argues that he hasn't.

That's not the pledge. You were very keen on the semantics in post #21 and #26 so it's only right and proper that I should be too.

Jelly or loaf?

You and Vince Cable are the only people in the world who think he hasn't broken his pledge. See you after the vote, no doubt you'll come up with some stupid argument that pledging something one week, and voting against it the next, isn't breaking a pledge.

Not campaign for. Do you see the difference?

Archived