Nick Clegg's Pledge

But on the plus side, no graduates who eventually earn less than £21,000 pa will ever have to pay a penny back.

Really? I earn less than that and the amount I pay per month does not even ofset the interest, but yet i can't afford to pay any more.

I think Nick Clegg was probably naive in using the word Pledge but as been stated many times before the Lib Dems are the junior partner in a coalition and thertefore are unable to implement all policies they would have if they had won power.

If because of facts becoming known after the election they have had to change their views on matters that is understandable.

All this bashing of Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems is not going to change anything, we have to make the best of the situation.

Instead of complaining about tuition fees I think we should be looking at the whole subject of university education. As I have stated on other threads why are we importing doctors and nurses when we have more graduates than ever before, is it because our students are not studying the right subjects ?

Why are students qualifying in subjects which will not get them jobs when we have a shortage of apprentice trained joiners, bricklayers etc.

An apprentice trained joiner is in my opinion more usefull to society than a graduate in media studies.

Let's be honest, some people will say absolutly anything to defend their favourite politicans, no matter how blatantly the politicans lie in order to grab power.

Well not really and he's certainly not my favourite politician. But it is important to get the detail right and up to now he has not broken his pledge.

Do y'know what? Sometimes politicians lie. Sometimes they change their mind. Sometimes situations change. Sometimes they can't do anything about it. It's life, it's humdrum, deal with it.

Because some (most) of us don't get all emotional and baby faced about these things we can see the bigger picture and form opinions based on the reality of the situation.

The reality is discussed to death elsewhere but senior politicians have to face up to these realities. They don't have the option of crying like a child who didn't get a new toy. They also realise that decisions have far reaching consequences far beyond the immediate issue. People on internet fora can wail as much as they like - they don't have to deal with those overarching issues and the implications which allows them to misrepresent to their hearts content without any ramifications - just like Labour's / the unions current insidious attempts to bring down the coalition government using agent provocateurs like the NUS.

Seeing PSBR forecasts that have been emerging over the last couple of weeks it's a task that's unenviable. So if you don't like it go ahead and wail but don't be all surprised when you're pulled up on it like a petulant child.

Well not really and he's certainly not my favourite politician. But it is important to get the detail right and up to now he has not broken his pledge.

Do y'know what? Sometimes politicians lie. Sometimes they change their mind. Sometimes situations change. Sometimes they can't do anything about it. It's life, it's humdrum, deal with it.

Because some (most) of us don't get all emotional and baby faced about these things we can see the bigger picture and form opinions based on the reality of the situation.

The reality is discussed to death elsewhere but senior politicians have to face up to these realities. They don't have the option of crying like a child who didn't get a new toy. They also realise that decisions have far reaching consequences far beyond the immediate issue. People on internet fora can wail as much as they like - they don't have to deal with those overarching issues and the implications which allows them to misrepresent to their hearts content without any ramifications - just like Labour's / the unions current insidious attempts to bring down the coalition government using agent provocateurs like the NUS.

Seeing PSBR forecasts that have been emerging over the last couple of weeks it's a task that's unenviable. So if you don't like it go ahead and wail but don't be all surprised when you're pulled up on it like a petulant child.

Laboour???? hardly heard a word from a senior Lab politician wrt the protests.

Good luck to the students I say. I think these protests are just a warm up though for real thing next year.

Really? I earn less than that and the amount I pay per month does not even ofset the interest, but yet i can't afford to pay any more.

That's because you are daft enough to oppose the new proposal because for some reasons known only to yourself you like prefer the self flagellation of paying more under Labour's old system.

Caveat emptor sunshine, caveat emptor.

Laboour???? hardly heard a word from a senior Lab politician wrt the protests.

Good luck to the students I say. I think these protests are just a warm up though for real thing next year.

Rumbled.

I think Nick Clegg was probably naive in using the word Pledge but as been stated many times before the Lib Dems are the junior partner in a coalition and thertefore are unable to implement all policies they would have if they had won power.

He did not pledge to implement the policies, he pledged to fight for them.

We cannot blame him for his failure to implement, but we can blame him for not fighting.

That's because you are daft enough to oppose the new proposal because for some reasons known only to yourself you like prefer the self flagellation of paying more under Labour's old system.

Caveat emptor sunshine, caveat emptor.

Rumbled.

On you on drugs or something?

We cannot blame him for his failure to implement, but we can blame him for not fighting.

He pledged to vote against increases in tuition fees. He is now planning to vote for increases unless of course he is one of the 10-15 LibDem rebels who plan to vote against - but it would be daft to think he was. Is that what you and Tony think?

Because he hasn't actually executed that vote yet you can cling to the silly idea that he hasn't yet broken his pledge. But that is palpably laughable. F**kwittery at its finest.

And you know that he hasnt fought then?

How does anyone unless they are present at the cabinet meetings really know what goes on?

What never ceases to amaze me is that people deal in assumption, not fact most of the time.

Not many people who make comments actually know the person they are making comments about.

Because he hasnt won a battle, one assumes that a fight was not put up.????

There are many things that we would love to have, but that due to circumstances that we are in( UK debt due to hit 1.081 trillion by April 2011, divided up between every person in employment in the UK that amounts to more than £32,350 for each one), we have to make compromises and accept that we cant have everything our own way.

Archived