Nick Clegg's Pledge

Nick Clegg hasn't broken his pledge simply because there hasn't yet been a vote

He may have tried to pressure the Government to introduce a fairer alternative, but, based on his recent comments I doubt it.

He said on the radio yesterday something along the lines of, "This isn't my party's policy, but it is the right policy"

He wasn't being naiive when he signed that pledge, he was being what he is, a clever, calculating politician. He only signed it because he believed it would improve his party's chances at the election - he was probably right about that.

Incidentally, how unemotional are the phrases "baby faced", crying like a child who didn't get a new toy", and behaving "like a petulant child".

Come on then give us something to show us that Clegg fought against the Tories on tuition fees or for the loan to Forgemasters.

My argument is that unless you are present in the room at the time of the discussions or have a very close ally you dont have the facts to say that Nick Clegg did or did not fight against something.

My point was that people make assumptions that they know a person when they dont, and they know about that persons character when they dont.

One cannot say that a person fought against something without the facts but what can be said is that you know what someones principals are and that that person would do everything he could to follow those principals.

As I have said already being principled doesnt always get you what you want.

One cannot say that a person fought against something without the facts but what can be said is that you know what someones principals are and that that person would do everything he could to follow those principals.

If you don't know the person, how do you know they are principled enough to fight for their principles?

My argument is that unless you are present in the room at the time of the discussions or have a very close ally you dont have the facts to say that Nick Clegg did or did not fight against something.

My point was that people make assumptions that they know a person when they dont, and they know about that persons character when they dont.

As I have said already being principled doesnt always get you what you want.

Being unprincipled seems to though, wrt to Clegg. Hope it's been worthwhile for him and his party.

Archived