Liquid drain unblockers.

The water from my bath is draining very slowly. I am going to try one of the liquid drain un blockers like Mr. Muscle or Cilit Bang. Does anyone know which of the many brands work the best?

Thanks.

Get yourself a good plunger, they are much more effective. They are inexpensive too and easy to use even for a woman.:D

This is probably not going to help..... but

I use one which is in a bright orange bottle, I dont think its named branded, ie not mr muscle etc.. Its round with blue top, lol

Its mainly 99p in the cheaper shops, (maybe home bargains, jot lot?)

I put the whole lot down the plug hole (think you only suppose to use a bit) Leave it over night and then have a bath in the morning. (or just fill bath with hot water) then this flushes it all away!

If I see it when im out, I shall note the name, lol

Use Sodium Hydroxide.

Buy some 'caustic soda'. You can get it from Wilkinsons. Other places sell it too. Probably cheapest online though.

:thumbsup:

Can clean your washing machine with it too.. ;)

I've washed me washing machine more than I've washed me washing this week :hihi:

Use Sodium Hydroxide.

Buy some 'caustic soda'. You can get it from Wilkinsons. Other places sell it too. Probably cheapest online though.

:thumbsup:

Can clean your washing machine with it too.. ;)

I've washed me washing machine more than I've washed me washing this week :hihi:

we have loads of sodium hydroxide at work in the lab too, i use it for one of the chemical anaysis tests

id go steady with the caustic burns like buggery if it gets on you, we wear gloves, full head/face mask and rubber apron

we have loads of sodium hydroxide at work in the lab too, i use it for one of the chemical anaysis tests

id go steady with the caustic burns like buggery if it gets on you, we wear gloves, full head/face mask and rubber apron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXQRu2fOdVY

Just be careful what you mix it with and don't keep it in a closed system (whilst mixing that is) as there will often be a release of hydrogen, which will create pressure in a closed system >>> explosion.

^^ That kid was pretty lucky ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXQRu2fOdVY

Just be careful what you mix it with and don't keep it in a closed system (whilst mixing that is) as there will often be a release of hydrogen, which will create pressure in a closed system >>> explosion.

^^ That kid was pretty lucky ;)

lol

mi mate once put the wrong chemical in the permanganate tank on the desmear line at work, its thick purple stuff, it reacted, bubbled up over the top and there was a large purple cloud above it that could be seen from the offices lol

Archived