Help needed ancesters holt

rholt

Looking through Picture The Past,I came across a picture of my grandmother standing with another younger lady, outside her shop on Phillimore Road.I lost contact with all of my family years ago.can anyone give me any information?

rholt

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, Helena Holt was my grandmother on my father's side. I am also trying to find out more about my relatives. My father was Ernest Fitton Holt. Gerty was his slightly older sister. I can remember my dad talking about the shop on Phillimore Road. I have lived in New Zealand for the last 30 years so it can be a bit harder to find stuff out.

Dad's siblings were: James Walter b Dec 1884 Thomas b June1886 John b Jun1889 Helena b Dec 1892 Frederick b Mar 1894 Annie Bertha b Sept 1896 Flora Sep 1897 William b Mar 1899 Ralph b Sep 1900 Gertrude b March 1902 Ernest Fitton b June 1907

I will be interested to hear from you.

George Ernest Holt

Another couple of pieces of information:

Ralph HOLT Greengrocer ( & Sons) 22 & 24 Phillimore Road, Attercliffe White's 1911

Ralph HOLT (& Sons) greengrocers 22 & 24 Phillimore Road, Attercliffe White's 1919

Ralph HOLT (& Sons) Greengrocers 22 & 24 Phillimore Road, Attercliffe Kelly's 1925

• 3 weeks later...

George, sorry I havnt replied sooner, but I wonder about the name Fitton, how this fits in. It seems that you certainly have the right family, my father is the Ralph Holt, born 1900. All the census in this period are shown as Ernest Holt, so I would like to know where your Fitton name orginates from, I havnt seen this connection before, keep in touch.ralph Holt

Hope this helps everyone of the Holts

My good friend at Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1957 was David Holt. Lived between Woodhouse Mill and Handsworth. David is now 72 and has a very good memory

Try and contact him in South Wales - DAIHOLT@aol.com

Bon Chance - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Archived