Happy Thanksgiving 2010

The original people who celebrated Thanksgiving were all English anyway. The native Indiians Americans helped them survive their first winter in the New World because without their help they were all as lost as a fag end in a blizzard. The Indians native Americans also shared their Thanskgiving dinner, the settlers not yet having ****** them off enough to have their scalps hanging up on a lodge pole

Corrected for you.

Corrected for you.

Dont blame me for occasionally lapsing into the wrong terminology. I'm just a victim of countless western movies.

The real blame lies with that Genoese fellow Colombo. Got his navigation so screwed up he thought he'd landed in India. Still he did find out that the earth wasn't flat not that it did him much good.

Corrected for you.

One could say that they should not be called "native Americans" either, since the continent was not named until a long time after they arrived across the bridge of the Bering Strait. I believe their own name for it is"Turtle Island" so perhaps indigenous Turtle Islanders might be a better nomenclature...:cool:

Dont blame me for occasionally lapsing into the wrong terminology. I'm just a victim of countless western movies.

The real blame lies with that Genoese fellow Colombo. Got his navigation so screwed up he though he'd landed in India. Still he did find out that the earth wasn't flat not that it did him much good.

Nobody ever thought the earth was flat, that was an early 19th-century confusion. That it was a globe was exactly why he went west as an alternative to going the long way round by the east.

Why was this thread created?

There's no good intertnet forum's in the USA? There must be some reason why certain people are contiuously outraged and suprised that people in a country which is not the US might have a broaadly different attitiude to the US and what it stands for than the people who live there, yet keep coming back for more, much like a moth banging its' head on a lantern. :D

Nobody ever thought the earth was flat, that was an early 19th-century confusion. That it was a globe was exactly why he went west as an alternative to going the long way round by the east.

Well I saw a movie where Colombo was trying to convice a bunch of Cardinals that the earth was round after returning from his voyage and they were all trying to figure out why he hadn't fallen over the edge

Well I saw a movie where Colombo was trying to convice a bunch of Cardinals that the earth was round after returning from his voyage and they were all trying to figure out why he hadn't fallen over the edge

I saw a movie where Neo was 'the one' and could fly and do kung fu in slow motion, doesn't mean it happened.

There's no good intertnet forum's in the USA? There must be some reason why certain people are contiuously outraged and suprised that people in a country which is not the US might have a broaadly different attitiude to the US and what it stands for than the people who live there, yet keep coming back for more, much like a moth banging its' head on a lantern. :D

Last time I checked, this forum didnt restrict membership to those living only in the UK. Perhaps you might make a suggestion to the mods that they change that rule to exclude those ex-pats and others who dont live in there but have an interest.

I wish there was a good English ex-pats thread in the US. I would sign up tomorrow, but there aint one far as I know Donks

The only other expat forum is the Yorkshire Expats which is is tame. Posters falling over themselves not to offend each other in any way. Boring !!!

That's why I love the SF. Full of people with chips on their shoulders especially when it comes to the Yanks and I like to rattle their cages a little

Archived